Suikoden Tierkreis?

Suikoden Tierkreis pre-release board.
JanusThePaladin

Re: Suikoden Tierkreis?

Post by JanusThePaladin »

if thats not what you were saying, then i would ask you to explain this statement:
Raww Le Klueze wrote: Or better yet, it's obviously a FPS because Tierkreis = Zodiac = Zodiac Tower = Howling Voice Guild = Guns = FPS.
qwsed

Post by qwsed »

JanusThePaladin wrote:if thats not what you were saying, then i would ask you to explain this statement:
Raww Le Klueze wrote: Or better yet, it's obviously a FPS because Tierkreis = Zodiac = Zodiac Tower = Howling Voice Guild = Guns = FPS.
Yea... why should guns necceserily mean FPS? Why should Konami put the series into a whole new genre again? They have already done that...twice. To a tactical RPG and a card-based game (Meaning, i dont think they willl do it a third time). (Im not counting the novellike games).

IMO i think Konami will go back to its roots. Meaning the first and second game. The second one anyway that is amazing. Since the Konami team working with Suikoden is rather small we wont be seeing top graphics for like the ps3.
v1p3r32 wrote:
qwsed wrote:Zodiac can also mean "The signs of the Zodiac". And that being birthsigns like Virgo, Leo and so on.

So... meaning... 12 heroes? 12... dates?, 12... battles?, 12... something

Zodiac doesn't necceserily mean that its a 100% connected to anything we've seen in Suikoden so far. The world of Suikoden is quite a bit larger than what we've seen.

I just thought of it while i was researching the word.
Well it can also be talking about the 12 chinese zodiac animals: rat, ox, tiger, rabbit, dragon, snake, horse, sheep, monkey, rooster, dog and pig.
Anyway ^^ Zodiac can be many things! Im just happy about Tierkreis.
Kinnison:
"Life is a long song, but the tune ends too soon for us all."
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Yea... why should guns necceserily mean FPS? Why should Konami put the series into a whole new genre again? They have already done that...twice. To a tactical RPG and a card-based game (Meaning, i dont think they willl do it a third time). (Im not counting the novellike games).
Obviously, Raww used a common practice, called "Sarcasm" or "Irony", used to ridicule other's ideas in a funny or absolutely absurd manner.

Furthermore, we could discuss a century about the meaning of Tierkreis-Zodiac. Maybe they just liked the sound of the word and that it has something to do with stars, and that's about the single connection between the title and suikoden.
qwsed

Post by qwsed »

Antimatzist wrote:
Obviously, Raww used a common practice, called "Sarcasm" or "Irony", used to ridicule other's ideas in a funny or absolutely absurd manner.

Furthermore, we could discuss a century about the meaning of Tierkreis-Zodiac. Maybe they just liked the sound of the word and that it has something to do with stars, and that's about the single connection between the title and suikoden.
I figured that out ^^ Didnt mean to sound angry or impolite. And yes we can ^^ its fun to speculate. Well in my experience with the Japanese is that they really have something for Germany. Their language anyway.

What i'd like to see is a (partially)steampunk-suikoden world but that means jumping ahead in time. Like to...803? or something (Currently its 470...something in their calendar). And i know this sounds unlikely so please dont flame me ^^ I just like steampunk :P
Kinnison:
"Life is a long song, but the tune ends too soon for us all."
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
Runemaster wrote:Tierkreis= Zodiac= Night Rune= Sun Rune= Suikoden V.
Well, if we're gonna start playing the freaking Kevin Bacon game over this I might as well say that it's a Fighting Game because Tierkreis = Zodiac = Constellations = Stars of Destiny = Conflict = Fighting Game.

Or better yet, it's obviously a FPS because Tierkreis = Zodiac = Zodiac Tower = Howling Voice Guild = Guns = FPS.

Maybe we can just have a little contest and see who can come up with the shortest path to any random word. Let's start with umbrella for no particular reason.
Well then.. I have nothing to say if that's what you think will happen to Tierkreis-- that's your opinion, anyways. Good Luck!
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
skymansxeno

Post by skymansxeno »

Man. Haven't posted in forever on any site. Or visited.

Well whether this is an online game or another tactics, at least we now know for sure the series is going forward in some fashion.

I'm assuming some kind of spin-off like Tactics though.

The story of tactics was crap but the gameplay was great.
John Layfield

Post by John Layfield »

Tierkreis is confirmed for DS. Hoorah.

EDIT: More information, including names and VAs and larger higher quality scans are now at DF.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

John Layfield wrote:Tierkreis is confirmed for DS. Hoorah.
can we have the source?
John Layfield

Post by John Layfield »

Famitsu magazine scans via Due Fiumi.com (or anywhere else by now)
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

fark YEAH SCHEISSE IST DAS GEIL!

Ehm, sorry. Just evry enthusiastic...

I really need a DS, soon.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Antimatzist wrote:fark YEAH SCHEISSE IST DAS GEIL!

Ehm, sorry. Just evry enthusiastic...

I really need a DS, soon.
Woot!! You're not alone!! :)
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Oh man, after having read the article and seeing the scans, I'm even more enthusiastic. that sounds great!

But why don't they use the old MP system...? As long as Runes will still play a role in the game, it's ok, but I don't want an ordinary magic system...
Luminitrium

Post by Luminitrium »

The game will be on the DS.

More info here: http://forums.ffonline.com/showthread.php?t=50971

Credit goes to BK for information.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The only downside is that I'll have to find the cash to get a DS.

Otherwise, it looks good. Salsaville sounds like a shitty name for a country, but it'll probably change once it's officially translated.