Suikoden Tierkreis?

Suikoden Tierkreis pre-release board.
LanceHeart

Re: Suikoden Tierkreis?

Post by LanceHeart »

I'm just nervous about both versions of Tales of Hearts being delayed to the same week as Tierkreis. That might spell doom for the game's week 1 sales.
Formerly known as: Gothann
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Tales of Hearts got pushed back? Ugh, sounds like trouble. Everyone's trying to get their things in before the holiday season kicks in, huh.
How long does it usually take for them to release it here after they release it there?
Konami's NA branch already announced a March release date, no?
suikodian

Post by suikodian »

A high definition version of the debut trailer presented on TGS2008 is finally out on gametrailers.com:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/44101.html
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

trailer makes the game look good....but I just cant get over those character designs :(

w/e ill still but it...its suikoden....ive got all the games except the Gaidens and card stories, I must continue my collection!
Avalionis

Post by Avalionis »

EB Games doesn't even have this listed at all...that's got me wondering just when this game is being released...I mean gamefaqs says it's coming March 17th...but the EB Games in my area has no news about it at all...
Role

Post by Role »

I have it preordered at gamestop. It's paid off and I'll be picking up in a week. If your EB Games people have no clue about it, then something's seriously wrong with their company.

But if I'm not mistaken... Didn't gamestop BUY OUT EB Games? If that's the case, then they should have it in the system.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

I'm gonna preorder this game in two days. .

I won't be able to get it later since my spring break will be over and I'll be back in school . .

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

I just got the game in English, (I have ways) and it's awesome, the game certainly has a nice Suikoden feel to it.

No runes, but the new magic system is pretty nice. No familiar faces AT ALL, however, the new characters are good. Also has some nice features, such as the ability to always skip long cutscenes if you've viewed them before. Only a 4 person party that was a bummer.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Mikain Clan King

Post by Mikain Clan King »

NO RUNES and ONLY 4 person parties?! What the heck?!! Really sad about no familiar faces...
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

It takes place in a totally different WORLD than the original Suikoden Games. It's still got a good story though, and although the parties are small you can customize the formation a bit.
-Chaco
Mikain Clan King

Post by Mikain Clan King »

Yeah but I figured somebody like Jeane or Viki would be in a different world seeing as how their background is.
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Viki's the only character that would've made sense. I'm pretty sure we still don't know enough about Jeane to say she'd actually exist in other realities.

Damn, I completely forgot to ask that in the questions we sent in... "Why didn't you at least throw Viki in the game in order to please the hardcore fans?"
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Yeah but I figured somebody like Jeane or Viki would be in a different world seeing as how their background is.
Viki would have made sense, Jeane would not have!
-Chaco
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Another bit of info from Tierkreis.

Basically, we know that once a person is assigned a star, they will keep it for the rest of their lives. But that didn't explain the two Vikis. Tierkreis basically confirmed that two versions of the same person from different world can belong to different stars, so perhaps the Little Viki is an alternate version?
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Probably, though Viki's a bit of an enigma in herself. While Young Viki might not even be Viki at all, she could still be a completely different Viki from the same world. In an effort to acknowledge the new Million Worlds, I'll accept the multiple worlds bit.