Richard

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Edgar

Richard

Post by Edgar »

ok i just got my headquarters and iv recruited muller and wilhelm and i went all the way to the end of waterfall basin but at the end there was no guy standing there only that giant turtle did i forget to do something or do i have to wait a bit in the story?
TrueEightfold

Post by TrueEightfold »

Did you speak with Meuller first?
"We did not choose to be the guardians at the gate, but there is no one else"
Pokerface

Post by Pokerface »

Well you need to speak to Mueller, then he will tell you about him. Then you go to the waterfall basin and you will find him there. Talk to him and he will tell you the story why he is there. Then use an escape scroll, port back to the HQ and talk to Mueller. Then go back and get richard.

This is how you recruit him. I must admit that keep running around sucks.. evil evil Konami!

Pokerface
Mess with the best, die like the rest!
http://www.suikoden3.de
mpieco

Post by mpieco »

You guys are forgetting one MAJOR thing. You can't have any OLD characters in your party if you want Richard to show up. You don't even have to speak to Mueller ahead of time for Richard to show up. you go through the cave with no old characters. you talk to richard. then back to your inn, and talk to mueller. then back to the cave for richard. that's it. just don't have any characters that would be considered old in your party. otherwise, richard won't show up, and Gennoh will (unless previously recruited).
Edgar

Post by Edgar »

mpieco wrote:You guys are forgetting one MAJOR thing. You can't have any OLD characters in your party if you want Richard to show up. You don't even have to speak to Mueller ahead of time for Richard to show up. you go through the cave with no old characters. you talk to richard. then back to your inn, and talk to mueller. then back to the cave for richard. that's it. just don't have any characters that would be considered old in your party. otherwise, richard won't show up, and Gennoh will (unless previously recruited).
yeah he's right thats what it was and apparently its a not a very common mistake cause alot of recruitment guides dont mention that little bit :S
Raven

Re: Richard

Post by Raven »

Hello i'm new here :D

Oh if you want to recruit richard before genoh, in my case i never ask about the "Boss" before i recruited richard

1. At the first visit to beaver lodge go to waterfall basin and you will find richard and talk to him. Don't ask about genoh yet! Ask about him later after you recruited richard.

2. Wait until you recruit wilhelm and mueller and then talk to him about richard.

3. Back to waterfall basin to recruit him and richard will run to your castle.

Is anyone already knew about this?
Sorry just wanna share this. Thank you :)
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

where did you find the picture of Edgar?
Edgar

Post by Edgar »

I think I got it from a fan site. Can't really remember though sorry! It was 8 years ago now :P
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

^Actually you used that Edgar avatar not too long ago
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Edgar

Post by Edgar »

Do you remember where you found it?
gildedtalon