[Guide] Strategy / War Battle Drops (Victory+ strategies)

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Kirkis

Post by Kirkis »

I'm taking a temporary break myself, I'm really not looking forward to the inevitable pain in the ass of unequipping all my characters and playing with runes, etc. while trying to not get wtfpwned by the final boss.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

Hatred Fortress Battle

2 ArcShips with Barrage Skill: Rage and Cyclone pieces
Combat ship CLOSEST to the fortess: Techinque Ring
Victory+: Thunder Helm

NOTE: To get Victory+, you CANNOT kill all the ships. You need at least one enemy ship to retreat back to the fortess. The battle will also end if this happens with less than 600 enemy forces.
Thus it's insanely HARD to obtain ALL of the above cause one of those arcships is close to the fortess also.
But hey, i'm at level 35 and i don't have my castle yet lol. Mad over-training.
Strategy is the key to victory!
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

These are the earliest battles in the games.

First Battle Defense of Rainwall
No special drops.
Victory+: Hungry Wolf Tactic

Intercepting Luger's Fleet Defense of Ratfleet
Combatship: Stamina Ring
ArcShip: Flowing Piece
Victory+: Luck Ring
Note: Do Not target Luger's ship if you want the special drops. Battle will also end if Braham Luger's ship goes under 100 HP.
Better Note: You can do this play battle as MANY TIMES as you want. Stay in Raftfleet, go to Inn and REST, Go back to Dahak.
Last edited by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader on Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Rainwall Defense Campaign
Barrows Allied Forces with Dilber vs. Jidan (Armes)
All 3 other Calvary Units (NOT Jidan's unit): Speed Ring, Lance Armor, Attack Ring
Victory+: Guardian Boots

Do as told and do NOT confront Dilber's forces (Dilber's unit is invincible before you combine with him). Do NOT go after Jidan's unit if you want the drops because battle will end if Jidan's unit is halved.

Easy way for Guaranteed No Casualites:
Georg's unit- have Kyle and Lun, that's 3 Recovers.
Sialeed's unit- have Josephine and a character with EXTRA skill. That's 2 Cyclone and 2 Rage spells.

Basically line up all your forces just North (roughly 6 inches) of Jidan's army ( Yes, go around the mountain if you have to).
Send in Dilber's army EXCEPT Dilber's unit and Dilber's Archers. Watch them get massacred. Then send in Dilber's Archers, they will always win. However, when their HP is too low (Below 30), Retreat to Georg's unit and Recover. Then Head back in. Repeat until you run out of Recover skill.
1 or 2 of Jidan's Calvary units should be down. Finish off the remaining Calvary units with Sialeed's unit with 2 Cyclones and 2 Rages spells.
No casualities and i kept Dilber's unit untouched also. 8)

Lelcar Campaign goes Before Recapturing the Castle, which i haven't gotten to yet hehe.
SuikoMJM

Post by SuikoMJM »

Doraat Siege
Northernmost Arc Ship (Barrage): Thunder Piece!
Comship: Pale Moon Gloves!
Ram: Stone of Strength!
Victory+: Guardian Scarf

Edit: Getting rid of the clutter. Should also say that this battle comes after Hatred Fortress.
Last edited by SuikoMJM on Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
SuikoMJM

Post by SuikoMJM »

EDIT: Getting rid of the clutter. The strategy is a little foggy anyway. I realize this thread isn't so much about strategy, rather about finding drops...
Last edited by SuikoMJM on Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kirkis

Post by Kirkis »

Don't worry too much about no casualties stuff, it's not that incredibly difficult to get a Victory + as long as you know what you're doing.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

ehh don't kill yourself over no casualty strategies.
Remeber, it's not a WAR unless there's casualties on BOTH sides.
Leclar, i had 70 casualties. It's not hard. Just be careful with Zahak's unit which can wipe out an archery unit in one battle and do a lot more damage to infantry unit than it takes in return. Heck, just save up specials like rune magic, charges, etc... for his unit. Another effective thing to do use Lindwurm Mercenary unit with Richard (+9 ATK) at the 3rd spot. yes Star Rune 2/2 rocks lol. Watching an entire invading army scatter... priceless.
A more reasonable challenge is not to lose a single unit, which Sometimes is hard to achieve when trying to obtain war battle drops (Hatred Fortess- Comship). Looking at retreat speeches from people in your army can be interesting but nonetheless unacceptable to my strategic standards.
Last edited by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader on Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuikoMJM

Post by SuikoMJM »

You're right. If I take 50-100 casualties, you won't see me starting the game over. As long as I get the items and the Victory+.

Still, it's something to strive for and makes it somewhat challenging. And when I do realize that I've failed the self 'no casualties' challenge, I have an initial frustration before I realize that, either way, I've still routed the enemy. :lol:

And yeah. With Zahhak, I usually have enough charges to go around, and enough healing left to handle his unit with little to no risk. I suppose I did forget to mention that, huh?
SuikoMJM

Post by SuikoMJM »

You get a choice between defending either Lelcar or Lordlake.

Lelcar Defense Campaign 2
Arch Shp (Not Bahram) - Cyclone Piece!
Ram - Stone of Evasion!

Lordlake Defense Campaign
Cavlry (Northernmost) - Cape of Destiny! (You just got one in the Deep Twilight Forest)
Archer (Southernmost) - Stone of Skill!

-Once the enemy units are cut in half, the battle ends (Lelcar 1200/2400, Lordlake 900/1800)
-Once a "boss" unit's HP is cut in half, the battle ends (Childerich, Dilber, Bahram, Jidan, Maha)
-Since you're defending a town, you're pretty much forced to kill units that don't drop anything.
-It doesn't seem possible to get a Victory+.

I choose Lelcar myself. So have fun. :P

Should also say this battle comes after Doraat Siege, before Recapturing the Castle.
Un_Colombiano

Post by Un_Colombiano »

actually, anyone have any tips for the Lordlake Defensive campaign? i dont know if maybe i didnt recurit enough stars, but for some reason my enemies have like 200,300HP while my units stay at 100,150HP, but according to KoRnholio thats your HP doesnt really ever get higher. the only thing i was able to do was get one of my units have a Charge 5/5 and 2 units that have Barrage 1/1 and Catupult 2/2. Even with this though, one of two things happen for me.

1. After I attack an enemy, it flees in the direction of Lordlake and they always just make a run for the town and I lose.

2. Hero's unit only has 100HP so if a Calvary attacks him its basically instant death.

Anyone have any tips for this fight? I didn't try the Leclar war, but I rather stick with this one (i like a good challenge! :wink: )
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

abuse Catapult and Barrage on enemy unites you think will be difficult to handle for your army. you can use Extra to add another shot.

Prince gets Charge, i believe.. he can use it to avoid taking damage from a confrontation.
the Dawn spell is extremely useful.

it really depends which way you attack the enemy for it to flee. it generally flees AWAY from the unit it fought, so if you fight it with your back against Lordlake, shouldn't cause too many problems. with that in mind, don't allow enemy units to get past your front lines--because then when they take on the back line, they'll get pushed into your front line then get reversed into Lordlake.

use Charge in the right situation--you don't really need Charge against units that are weak against yours, but it's pretty strong when you do use it.... but i typically save it in case i run into a unit that's equal or stronger than my unit. deals some damage and takes none.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Boxing enemies in is good for controlling their retreat patterns. Surround a unit with a couple of yours that are strong against them, and hit from the sides.

Also, if your Prince's unit is dying, just get him the hell out of the front lines. Vulnerable characters should never really be fighting. I almost never used the Prince's unit in battle except for some well-timed Dawn Rune castings.
Un_Colombiano

Post by Un_Colombiano »

Thanks for the help. After figuring out the war battle's mechanics, that war fight was a breeze! Most of the damage was done by Skills!!

BTW, I heard if you stay and protect the castle a certain character dies. Can anyone elaborate on this? Thanks
RPG Seeker

Post by RPG Seeker »

MatildaWhiteKnightLeader wrote:Rainwall Defense Campaign
Barrows Allied Forces with Dilber vs. Jidan (Armes)
All 3 other Calvary Units (NOT Jidan's unit): Speed Ring, Lance Armor, Attack Ring
Victory+: Guardian Boots

Do as told and do NOT confront Dilber's forces (Dilber's unit is invincible before you combine with him). Do NOT go after Jidan's unit if you want the drops because battle will end if Jidan's unit is halved.

Easy way for Guaranteed No Casualites:
Georg's unit- have Kyle and Lun, that's 3 Recovers.
Sialeed's unit- have Josephine and a character with EXTRA skill. That's 2 Cyclone and 2 Rage spells.
Easier way:
Kisara/Logg/Lun - 2 barrages
Lelei/Kyle/Shinro - 2 barrages

Simply advance Kisara's and Lelei's units to within shooting distance of Jidan and have them barrage Jidan's unit. Guaranteed no casualties.

Lelcar Campaign
Remove all the naval ships and concentrate on the land side part of this battle. It will make things easier.