[Guide] Max number of attacks per character

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
The n00b Avenger

[Guide] Max number of attacks per character

Post by The n00b Avenger »

This is kind of a hidden stat so I made a list for my own reference but I figured I might as well post it right?

If you have anything to add or correct, please feel free. I don't have exact values for everyone and I'm just confused about something for others. I'll have an asterik by numbers I'm not too sure about.

5 Attacks:

Hero
Flail
Lance
Lyon
Miakis
Nikea
Roog
Roy
Sagiri
Lu*

4 Attacks:

Cius
Cornelio O_o
Lelei
Norma
Rahal
Richard
Shigure
Shoon
Yahr

3 Attacks:

Ax
Belcoot
Dinn
Faylon
Gavaya
Hazuki
Isabel
Josephine
Kyle
Nick
Raven

2 Attacks:

Alhazred
Bergen
Byakuren
Galleon
Goesh
Gunde
Jeane
Kisara
Logg
Lorelai
Lun
Maroon
Mathias
Meroon
Miroon
Moroon
Muroon
Nakula
Nifsara
Sorensen
Subala
Wabon
Zegai
Zweig

1 Attack:

Bernadette
Eresh
Faylen
Genoh
Isato
Killey
Levi
Nelis
Sharmista
Urda
Viki
Zerase

Unsure:

Ernst: At least 3 (at least in beast form)

Georg: At first it seems like he only has 1, which makes sense. But then he actually has 2 different attack animations. If someone can tell me what the 2nd attack animation is used for, it would be appreciated. I don't think I've ever seen him attack the same enemy twice, but this puzzles.

Cathari: See Georg

Everyone else not listed

Reminder: This doesn't take into account multiple attacks on different enemies. If they go to a different enemy they start a new string.
Last edited by The n00b Avenger on Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

Well, All I have seen George do is his normal attack, and his instant kill attack. The only difference is his sword glows and makes a glowing noise when he instant kills.
"Master Flik, you are immature. But that immaturity, that honesty was something I coveted.

And I'm sure that is why Lady Odessa loved you..."
The n00b Avenger

Put him in the front of your party and use the Illusion formation's skill against a group of enemies.

It'll show both of Georg's attack animations. I don't think I've ever seen the second animation there used in normal battle which is why I want to know where it's used.

BTW, the glowing that happens before the attack isn't his instant kill, it's his double damage charge attack
Eyedol

Post by Eyedol »

A character attacking an enemy multiple times isn't something that depends on the Technique stat attribute?
The n00b Avenger

The odds of the character getting those extra attacks depends on either speed or tech, I'm not sure which.

The point of the topic is that regardless of their tech or speed, each character has a limited number of attacks they can do. If you pump Lun up to 999 speed and tech, she's still not going to be getting a 3rd attack on an enemy anytime soon(though she may attack 2 different enemies 2 times each if she's lucky I guess) because her max is 2. Conversely, even someone who can reach 5 attacks won't be doing it anytime soon or very often with crappy stats.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Is it possible to recreate Juan or Emily in this game? A max chain of 5 attacks seems rather underdeveloped compared to those Swing masters from Suikoden III.
The n00b Avenger

It's 5 per enemy. It's definitely unlikely, but it's possible for someone to attack an enemy 5 times then move on to another enemy and attack it 5 times for a total of 10. Besides, aside from Emily, wasn't 5 or 6 the max amount in that game for just a few characters too? Well reasonably anyway. Not to mention that each swing in that game did less damage than the previous. Multiple attacks here do the same each time.
sonic_Reaper

Post by sonic_Reaper »

patapi wrote:Is it possible to recreate Juan or Emily in this game? A max chain of 5 attacks seems rather underdeveloped compared to those Swing masters from Suikoden III.
It's somewhat possible; however the battle system here is quite different, so successive attacks won't be happening very often unless the proper stats are really high. Having a Drain rune on a character that has high Technique/Speed and all that, may very well be an effective combination however (coupled with other runes and equipment that boost attack).
Hypharse

Post by Hypharse »

I am pretty positive that I have had 5 with Lu. It may have been 4 because I was only looking at the screen out of the corner of my, but I'm 90% sure it was 5.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

are you talking about Georg's glowing sword attack? i believe that is the skill Charge, which probably only he and maybe one or two others have (i hvaen't come across anybody else yet..). it doesn't instant kill but does double dmg, instant kill is only the Killer Rune's effect (Killer atk brings out a character's complete atk series); the charge is like his multi-hit on one target, however.. but i guess it's based on something other than Speed (Tech? innate?)
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

KFCrispy wrote:are you talking about Georg's glowing sword attack? i believe that is the skill Charge, which probably only he and maybe one or two others have (i hvaen't come across anybody else yet..). it doesn't instant kill but does double dmg, instant kill is only the Killer Rune's effect (Killer atk brings out a character's complete atk series); the charge is like his multi-hit on one target, however.. but i guess it's based on something other than Speed (Tech? innate?)
I thought the glowing sword thing was an animation that sometimes appeared when the attack would kill the enemie( since the damage is calculated before the attack).
MrTomJoad

Post by MrTomJoad »

I have seen georg's second attack too, and he is not talking about the glow. Ive never seen him do it on his own but if you use the illusion formation then you can see it with the formations special attack.
Chaos_Zero

Post by Chaos_Zero »

Having a Drain Rune equipped in this game is almost useless, considering that you can equip multiple eyeball rings (5% hp drain each, can have a max of 20% Hp recovery with 4 equipped but it's needless when you're character's attacks are brutal). I equipped two of them for a max of 10% HP recovery with each attack, and it's all you will need. I didn't use any HP recovery items during the course of the entire game as soon as I got eyeball rings.

This frees up a rune slot for something a lot more useful, like Killer, Double-Strike, or Fury runes.

I'm a bit paranoid about giving up either Agility or Technique enhancing skills, since I don't know which affects Max # of attacks. Either way, I didn't get all that many attacks with any high attack characters... <_<
The Miraculous Epidemic, Cruel Salvation, and Merciful Genocide.
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

Chaos_Zero wrote: I'm a bit paranoid about giving up either Agility or Technique enhancing skills, since I don't know which affects Max # of attacks. Either way, I didn't get all that many attacks with any high attack characters... <_<
It *seems* like the speed stat not only affects the turn order, it seems to affect the number or swings also. It could just be the tech stat, because a lot of the high speed characters have higher tech, but Lyon has high speed and I don't recall her tech being anything substantial, and she attacks a lot. On top of that, the agility skill is what increases multi attack %, and accuracy and evasion don't seem like they'd affect multiple attack...
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

speed affects multi-hit and consecutive atk, tech determines parry/counter.. based on the skill descriptions. critical rate is a separate skill, but from the last games, it was based on tech & luck. so while the skill increases the critical rate like a Killer Rune, i think the base value is still tech & luck equally.