[FAQ] Optional content (duels, recruits, scenes, etc)

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

[FAQ] Optional content (duels, recruits, scenes, etc)

Post by KFCrispy »

Hey I'd like to compile a list of the optional scenes, duels and recruits, and if there are other things such as extra quests. Please help!

Endings are in another sticky, so don't worry about those.

duels: something about Childerich vs Belcoot, Richard, or Zegai, if the Prince loses or chooses not to duel?

recruits: You can recruit either Eresh or Euram only, not both.
Buff

Post by Buff »

you can let lyon fight dolph at the end of the ashtwal mountains.
s_word

Post by s_word »

Buff wrote:you can let lyon fight dolph at the end of the ashtwal mountains.
well in my game at least, no matter what choice I have to pick Lyon HAS to fight Dolph.
Buff

Post by Buff »

i didn't pick the other option. so if you chose the option that says you won't let lyon fight dolph, lyon fights him anyways?
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Going to Sol-Falena Rune shop after the Sacred Games: Funny scene with Jeane.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

ah yes, i saw that scene--and it is mentioned much later, when i recruited Jeane. in fact, many actions i have done are reflected pretty nicely in dialogue; i'm not sure if they're the same text had i not done it though. for instance, a lot of characters i met and came back to recruit had references to meeting earlier and stuff, even in the dialogues between a party member you brought to recruit them.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

This isn't really an optional scene but more of an 'easter egg' type. You can see Richard defeated by Childerich in the Sacrerd Games in the same round I heard. I've never seen Richard though. First playthrough and I rushed it.

I think theres also an optional scene depending on who you take with you to the place were Richard is supposed to be( instead there should be another person or beast there, again I havn't seen it yet). The scene depends on wheter you have an old person with you (Levi for example)or Zerase.

HOWEVER I've only heard that. Maybe someone can verify it.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the scene involves Genoh. i had Zerase, and he sensed an ancient presence or whatever and saw how young Zerase looked, so he said sorry, and headed back. someone else reported if you take Jeane, she says "you couldn't be more right" something to that extent.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

posted by Mister Twist on gamefaqs
In Lunas, when Lyon hears voices in the forest, don't go yourself. Just let Isato investigate it by himself. You'll get a scene of everyone coming back from the bath, then Isato will show up with Logg and Lun.

If you went through the revolving bridge sidequest before taking the hatred fortess, you get a short scene with Babbage and his assistant

Also if you choose to be mean and not forgive Lyon after she tells you her past, there's a slightly longer scene where Sialeeds gets pissed off.

Also the scene where Lyon knocks out the hero because he wants to rescue Lym. Doing this will make you miss where the party escapes via the hidden path which leades to the boat. Instead the hero wakes up on the boat.

Huh, found another one... when Lucretia asks you if you would be able to fight your sister, just don't say anything (pick the second option) and Lucretia will talk with you a bit longer.

If you pick the first option prince just nods his head and the scene's over. Duhr.

posted by Jigga at gamefaqs
Also the scene where Lyon knocks out the hero because he wants to rescue Lym. Doing this will make you miss where the party escapes via the hidden path which leades to the boat. Instead the hero wakes up on the boat.
i suppose this is when you escape Sol-Falena.
I chose the "..." myself so that was good to know :)

posted by kowloon2dx at gamefaqs
I suppose choosing between going after Childerich or going after Armes will lead to different scenes, right? Going after Childerich led to the death of Bahram Luger, which seems to make more sense story wise than going off and killing Jidan Guisu.

posted by ilovesunshangxiang at gamefaqs
the new queen's campaign, if you take Raven into your main party (the one that fights galleon), he will say "Stealing the princess from the enemy...i was born for a mission like this" if you dont take him he will say "you should've included me. i'm a thief" or something liek that.
demonicllama

Post by demonicllama »

[QOUTE] This isn't really an optional scene but more of an 'easter egg' type. You can see Richard defeated by Childerich in the Sacrerd Games in the same round I heard. I've never seen Richard though. First playthrough and I rushed it.

I think theres also an optional scene depending on who you take with you to the place were Richard is supposed to be( instead there should be another person or beast there, again I havn't seen it yet). The scene depends on wheter you have an old person with you (Levi for example)or Zerase.

HOWEVER I've only heard that. Maybe someone can verify it.[/QOUTE]

Richard, Belcoot, and Hero can fight Childerich. So far I've done it with Belcoot and Hero. Not much change in diolouge between the two from Chilerich.
s_word

Post by s_word »

Buff wrote:i didn't pick the other option. so if you chose the option that says you won't let lyon fight dolph, lyon fights him anyways?
That's right
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Richard explains his obsession with Mueller if you use him.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Basel

Post by Basel »

* If you decide to go to sleep rather than meeting with Lym, she will get really upset about it.
* Sialeeds will give you a lecture if you decide not to save Toma.
* You can meet with Killey in Agate Prison after Lady Merces joins your part.
Last edited by Basel on Wed May 10, 2006 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
Buff

Post by Buff »

how about putting the glitch on this since it deals with battles.

the glitch is only during the first major battle at raftfleet against luger. after the battle when you sleep at the inn, you get to do the war battle again. you can do it as much as you want.
You can meet with Killey in Agate Prison after Lady Merces joins your part.
you have to take leli and cius with you though. but i'm positive we all know that by now.
s_word

Post by s_word »

Buff wrote:how about putting the glitch on this since it deals with battles.

the glitch is only during the first major battle at raftfleet against luger. after the battle when you sleep at the inn, you get to do the war battle again. you can do it as much as you want..
Just imagine if you can get a fortune piece everytime you earn a victory+.
Last edited by s_word on Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.