[FAQ] Optional content (duels, recruits, scenes, etc)

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

You will see when you get the scene. Your avatar's too big. Better change it or remove it.
Kirin

Post by Kirin »

The image host he's using for his avatar is pulling a fast one on him - if you copy the address of the image, you'll see that it looks like something that's supposed to be a decent avatar, but then it auto-forwards to the hideous ad.
Damo - look for a better image host or you're gonna end up booted from all kindsa places.

Meanwhile, I guess I'll go ahead and give the spoiler-answer to your question:

[spoiler]Josephine is actually Shula's runaway sister.[/spoiler]
Chev

Post by Chev »

Did anyone see the practice match between Childerich and Zegai in Stormfist before the Sacred Games began? It was purty cool. =)

Also, if you go talk to Lym in her room before seeing Belcoot before the final match, you can tell Lym who would make the better husband, Gizel or Belcoot. ^.~ Talk to her again, and you can get another pair of choices. Perhaps these help with Lym points?

Another scene is when returning to Sol-Falena after Stormfist's Sacred Games... you can visit Zegai in the dungeon, while Lym and Miakis are in your party. ^-^
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Also, if you go talk to Lym in her room before seeing Belcoot before the final match, you can tell Lym who would make the better husband, Gizel or Belcoot. ^.~ Talk to her again, and you can get another pair of choices. Perhaps these help with Lym points?
Lym points are already discussed in this thread:
http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=6451
I think those situations are mentioned in that thread already.
Dinn

Post by Dinn »

Luserina+Prince=good looking baby.
Kirkis

Post by Kirkis »

Any major New Game + exclusive dialogue/scenes I should keep my eye open for on my second play through?
future_suikoden_writer

Post by future_suikoden_writer »

Wraith wrote:
Master wrote:actually there are some rumors saying that if you bring Belcoot first time in port spinacks, hazuki will not appear, I didn't try it myself so someone might want to check it out.
Thats true. You have to talk to Hazuki without Belcoot first and tell her you know him. THEN go to her with Belcoo.
When Hazuki dissappear,its not permanent,come back again later and she will show up again..
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

bring Killey to Ashwalt Mountains on your first visit and he'll be pointing out where to go and all, and Zweig will have an angry discussion with him when you go inside the ruins. Killey will also follow the party you put him in.... but i wonder what happens if you don't put him in any party!
--> Lorelai has no effect, so bringing her with Zweig or her with Zweig and Killey won't trigger any special dialogue.
Baks

Post by Baks »

An optional scene that is easy to miss is just after you met Lucretia for the very first time in Agate Prison.

Don't goto the wharf instead go back to the entrance to Baska mines, you know the room with the savepoint for a scene that has some amusing dialgue between Cius and Lucretia.

Its very easy to miss this scene as most players will probably exit Agate Prison as quickly as possible.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Dude, just send him a PM.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Tanrim

Re: Optional spoilers (duels, recruits, scenes, etc)

Post by Tanrim »

Don't think anyone has mentioned this. Got a scene where Godwin soilders chase the Prince out of Rainwall when you try to enter. Not much but was amusing. Had the scene right after taking back Doraat and Sable, not sure when you can get it before that.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i think that will happen anytime you try to visit Rainwall while it's occupied.
Tanrim

Post by Tanrim »

So it seems but it's still kinda missable since you wouldn't even go to Rainwall, I guess. I sure never thought to. Wonder when is the earliest it can be seen. I tried to go back a couple times a bit earlier but it was always Lyon turning me away. Didn't have her then, obviously.

I was hoping for something extra with Shula & co. in Estrise, even went to Nirva, but nothing.
Wicked_Rune_Bearer

Post by Wicked_Rune_Bearer »

this isn't so much as a optional scene as it is an error on the north american version of the game, when sorseren first enters your party before you go to the revolving bridge (before you go outside, it won't work if you out, cause then lu joins and it erases what his first response would have been) but while your still in the house with babbage and sorseren in your party turn around and talk to sorseren. I beleive that his actual dialouge on the cd actually has the same address as lyons when you first enter stormfist and gizel and sialeeds leaves your party, the reason being this is cause he will say: i wonder why sialeeds had to talk to gizel about, i hope she hurrys up anyways. It isn't exactly that but it's very close. Even with it being an error it's still funny that he saids that when it has no relations to what their doing at the time, nor ever.
A rpg-suikoden site that lets you choose your character and basically play suikoden on your computer as if it was on your ps console
http://z14.invisionfree.com/Suikoden_Legends
mpieco

Post by mpieco »

I have a question about visiting Zegai in the Sun Palace Dungeon.

I ALREADY left for the East Palace and completed that mission with everyone in my party. I have a save right at the entrance. I have yet to advance it to Lunas. Is it possible I could backtrack to the Sun Palace and see the Zegai scene? Through 10 play-throughs I ALWAYS forget to check in with him. Would I be stopped before entering the Sun Palace? Would I get some kind of message about not having gone to Lunas, or would I be allowed to go all the way back?

EDIT: I checked, and you are allowed to go back and forth between the Sun Palace and the World Map freely until you complete the Logg/Lun drop off. So, I was finally able to see the Zegai scene. Nothing special, but it was my first time.