[Guide] Affinities & damage formulas

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

Where does the Blue Gate rune factor in here? Or how about the Beast Rune, which I believe uses up MP. What about Viki's Blinking Rune? Why do none of these have any kind of affinity but they can still be used?

My theory:

I'm thinking that the Blue Gate rune is possibly affected by the Darkness stastic, though this is based entirely upon the fact that the Pale Moon Set items in the game increase one's affinity for the Darkness element. Also it'd kinda suck if there was only one rune in the game that used the Darkness stat (Condemnation). Though, I guess there's only one rune for Star and one for Sound as well. But what about Beast and Blinking, if Zerase and Cornelio both get a statistic for their preferred magic type, why don't Viki and Ernst? Or are these statistics possibly hidden?

Any answers would be much appreciated.
Lourde Incarnadine

Post by Lourde Incarnadine »

I've heard that each spell on the Pale Gate Rune draws from a different elemental affinity.

I have absolutely NO idea if that's true or not, though; I never even used the PG Rune in SuikoV. <_<

Dunno about Beast Magic Rune or Blinking Rune. They might just be like the Bright Shield/Black Sword Runes from SuikoII- not fitting in with any affinity, but treated as though the affinity is neutral (no bonuses or penalties).
Matt620

Post by Matt620 »

I'd imagine that the level 2 Pale Gate piece would be Lightning, and 3 would be Water. 4 could possibly be Darkness
-M
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yeah but that same person/post claims Shield Rune has elemental affinities of Earth/Water/Earth respectively, but that has no meaning because the lvl 2 healing spell is fixed at 200, lvl 3 effect seems fixed (or can anyone actually test?), and lvl 1 would take a lot of tries because it's supposed to be a 50% chance of berserk.
hell_tanuki

Post by hell_tanuki »

Ok I tried the Pale Gate Rune now... I think the affinities are :
Level 1 : Thrust
Level 2 : Lightning
Level 3 : Water
Level 4 : Darkness
Ok that was not hard to find, but I'll try to confirm with Affinity+/- gears.
I'm Swiss
Eternal Ordeal

Post by Eternal Ordeal »

I want asking something.. Isn't the level 4 Pale Gate Rune was Fire...? It's like a dark fire summoning and it's the same as Final Flame, except it's power and allies damage. I think if it is darkness, it'd should be like the Condemnation Rune does.
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

Level 4 Pale Gate is a Dark attack.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
CameoChic444

Post by CameoChic444 »

Could someone tell me what Zerase's affinities are?
Mystil

Post by Mystil »

Sure.

Sun - B
Fire - A
Lightning - B
Wind - B
Water - B
Earth - B
Star - A
Sound - C
Holy - C
Dark - A
Slash - C
Thrust - C
Punch - C
Shoot - B
Rune of Punishment.
managerr

Post by managerr »

I've heard that each spell on the Pale Gate Rune draws from a different elemental affinity.
Yeah--the Pale Gate and Shield Rune info comes from the Guide--no idea if it's accurate or not though.
[Blitzkrieg]

Post by [Blitzkrieg] »

Question on affinities.
Is it like in SuikoII where C is average, no penalties or benefits, or is it completely different?
Mystil

Post by Mystil »

SIII*

and..

I believe so. Anything after D and you will be owned by the corresponding spell and you will inflict less with it. Not sure if incantation is effected by affinity.
Rune of Punishment.
CameoChic444

Post by CameoChic444 »

Does everyone have a Sun rating? - isn't that the main chars rune?
Kirin

Post by Kirin »

Yeah, the Sun rating isn't going to have any use for attacking for any but a couple characters; however since it also affects elemental defense, presumably it could make a difference in how much damage everyone takes from... um, an enemy later on that I suppose I shouldn't spoil even though it's obvious?
Matt620

Post by Matt620 »

So the affinities affect elemental resistance too? Interesting.
-M