Eresh or Euram???

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
longfu

Eresh or Euram???

Post by longfu »

i'm about to recruit Euram/Eresh.... i dont know who to pick... help me out... wats the advantage of getting Euram or Eresh???
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

ERESH ALL THE WAY

and I cant stress that more...eresh's dungeon contains an old book and LOTS of rare treasures and she's an excellent mage with a pale gate rune

euram cant even be used in battle...he brings nothing to the table

eresh is the obvious choice
killey

Post by killey »

I agree with son_michael, go with Eresh on the first play through, get Euram on the New Game+.
longfu

Post by longfu »

thanks.... ill take ur word for it
Buff

Post by Buff »

from what i read if you want to get euram you can always go into the extra floors of the underground ruins with eresh but leave before you face the boss just to get the treasures in it. but ya eresh is better than euram anyways.
tomriddle

Post by tomriddle »

killey wrote:I agree with son_michael, go with Eresh on the first play through, get Euram on the New Game+.
that's what im gonna do... i found that Eresh' dungeon is one good levelling up place (it'll get anyone to their 60s easy on one run) but it closes once you finish it :(

so yea, Eresh on first playthrough.. Euram the next
Eyedol

Post by Eyedol »

tomriddle wrote:that's what im gonna do... i found that Eresh' dungeon is one good levelling up place (it'll get anyone to their 60s easy on one run) but it closes once you finish it :(
Not quite. Eresh's dungeon remains open until your assault on Stormfist, when it closes. Until then, you can keep going inside it ... in case you forgot to loot the treasure chests.

Then again, I always take Escape Scrolls with me and I used them several times to retreat back to Big Hole's entrance. It could have been a glitch for me.

Also, it doesn't seem to be affected by Oboro's 3rd investigation on Eresh.
tomriddle

Post by tomriddle »

Eyedol wrote:
tomriddle wrote:that's what im gonna do... i found that Eresh' dungeon is one good levelling up place (it'll get anyone to their 60s easy on one run) but it closes once you finish it :(
Not quite. Eresh's dungeon remains open until your assault on Stormfist, when it closes. Until then, you can keep going inside it ... in case you forgot to loot the treasure chests.

Then again, I always take Escape Scrolls with me and I used them several times to retreat back to Big Hole's entrance. It could have been a glitch for me.

Also, it doesn't seem to be affected by Oboro's 3rd investigation on Eresh.
it closes once u beat the shade and eresh joins your party :( learned that the hard way

oh well ^^ newgame+ ... im goin for euram so :P
killey

Post by killey »

The only way you can return to it is if you have Eresh in your party.
reyjusuf

Post by reyjusuf »

from the storyline's point of view, euram is the better recruit. adds more to the story.
Wererat42

Post by Wererat42 »

Well, you do get some major clues to Jeane's identity if you go with Eresh... so either one adds to the story.
Twighlight

Post by Twighlight »

uhhh so what exactly does euram do for you once you recruit him??
Stupid...
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Function-wise? He's a support character for your strategy battle needs.
s_word

Post by s_word »

Good thing is that Euram is easy to recruit but useless at everything. Eresh is a good mage but harder to recruit and you'll have to fight a tough boss.
Clangeddin

Post by Clangeddin »

s_word wrote:Good thing is that Euram is easy to recruit but useless at everything. Eresh is a good mage but harder to recruit and you'll have to fight a tough boss.
Well, as a character Eresh is not really worth the effort.

Zerase and Jeanne which are much easier to recruit are better mages...
Dont make the Big Show angry! XD