recruiting the musical elves

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

recruiting the musical elves

Post by KFCrispy »

Cornelio's rune wasn't working on Fa-So-La, and after several tries, i gave up and killed it. will Fa-So-La come back... or should i restart...

also, does it usually take a bunch of tries or what went wrong??

EDIT: i've encountered it again but ran out of spells--- still not recruited!!?????
MrTomJoad

Post by MrTomJoad »

Im pretty sure you can still get them. I've killed an elf before and still gotten it later. As far as needing multiple tries to get it, I've always gotten them on my first try, but maybe I'm just lucky.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

OH, i needed an empty slot in the party
McDohal

Post by McDohal »

note that you may only get four of the five do-ri-me elves in the end. i dont know why but once i got four i could never get the fifth. I've beat the game 6 times altranating elves each time
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

You're just unlucky. I got all five elves just fine.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I had trouble getting the last one as well. I think some have lower encounter rates than other ones. The one south of rainwall was difficult for me but after fighting random battles for 45 min he finally showed up. Wereas the others showed up after 1 or 2 battles.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

The one I had the most trouble with was the one at the Mountain Path between Yashuna and the Lodge. I didn't really have troubles with the others. This would be easier if the elves showed up even when you're equipped with the Champion's Rune, but seeing as they are Level 1 when they join, that's probably not likely.
Valixian

Post by Valixian »

i think i am lucky enough i have no hard time getting the all elves,, why dont you try get them a soon as the area is available???
"Real Knowledge is to know the innocence of everyone"
hpred

Post by hpred »

Ok, so here's the question then. Sorry if this is a repeat from somewhere else as it pertains to this topic but what are the locations for a five Do-Re-Mi elves. I know I there are two in the map area around Rainfall(?) and the one in the Mountains along the way to Beaver Lodge. Sorry that I don't have the names up. I'm typing this from work and don't have my game screen up infront of me.
riou83

Post by riou83 »

Theres one in the woods in the twilight forest, You should be able to find it roaming through there.
Valixian

Post by Valixian »

south of doraat :D
"Real Knowledge is to know the innocence of everyone"
ladystarlight

Dofemi eleves

Post by ladystarlight »

Fasla-southwest of rainwall
remifa-haud village
solati-in the mountain path
latido-in twilight forest
mifaso-near lelcar/doraat
Suikidal

Re:

Post by Suikidal »

KFCrispy wrote:OH, i needed an empty slot in the party
Do you actually need a free slot in the party? Or does entourage work?

That helps a lot, i always seem to have a party of 6 and have no luck recruiting 3 other elves. I'm going to try leaving a slot in the party when i capture them, thanks
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: recruiting the musical elves

Post by KFCrispy »

yes entourage is still your party. one needs to be empty...
Suikidal

Re: recruiting the musical elves

Post by Suikidal »

KFCrispy wrote:yes entourage is still your party. one needs to be empty...
I'll keep trying, even with 2 free entourage slots i still never got the one from the Yashuna mountain path area. I even had Norma (my weakest character) hit the elf (weakened it, not killed it) and then tried Cornelio again but still nothing.

I'll try again with a spare party slot.