[FAQ] How many endings? (Spoilers)

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
s_word

Post by s_word »

bigguy8323 wrote:Hi, I'm new to the board, but I just recently beat the game (yesterday). I did get all 108 stars, so Lyon was saved and there was a cheesy scene with the Queen and Ferid, but im pretty sure thats part of the normal ending. Then you see a scene with Lym as queen saying that they made a new council republic or something along those lines. Then I saw a scene with Lyon and Georg looking at the castle, he reveals his eyepatch, and then asks whats gonna happen. I chose to help Lym, and the next scene, it shows the Prince and Lyon in their Knight outfits. Finally Lyon becomes a queens knight and the prince becomes the Commander of the knights. That was my ending, I really wanna see the other two but i dont know if i wanna beat the bosses all over again. But since I already read about them I don't really have to, but i probably will anyways.
You know what you can do? As Lyon's group beat her boss, as Zweig&Georg's group beat their boss, and as the hero's group beat his boss. But don't go ahead. Instead, head back to where Luserina is and save at the save point. Now all you have to do is finish with the hero's group, Dual Dolph, and beat the final boss.
bigguy8323

Post by bigguy8323 »

Your right, thanks. I did do that, I beat all the bosses and saved so now I can just walk right on and destroy the boss. My goal is to one turn the boss this time, its easy to do, and i've seen it done, just my team wasnt as lucky with the criticals. Well, I'm gonna beat it again soon and see the second ending, thanks again. 8)
Rahal

Post by Rahal »

the 2nd good ending is if you say "Nothing in particular" and then Georg tells you why not come with me?. and abcource Lyon with also come with you and also as a Bodyguard of the prince..

and then Prince,Lyon,Georg sets out on a Journey to the North!
and All of your Comrads Saying Goodbye to you boarding the Dahak..

Sheesh.. id like the Prince and Lyon get Married in the End!.. hehe

Unfortunately it does not turn-out that way.. :(
s_word

Post by s_word »

How many endings are there anyways(excluding the bad endings)?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

2 good endings, 2 normal endings, 3 bad endings, and a few game over endings
Eao

Post by Eao »

Rivera wrote:I've heard losing to Childerich in Stormfist also merits a bad ending but I have yet to confirm this - also I've been informed (still have not confirmed) that if you lose as Belcoot, Zegai, or Richard you get extra scenes (and their deaths).
Then you'll battle him with Roy disguised as the Prince. And if you lose that - well a scene afterwards and then the End. I guess that's kind of an ending too, but nothing special.
I fought with Belcoot, he wanted to dule sad excuse for a Luca wannabe
the best thing about the internet is that they can't see you pick your nose
leo88

Post by leo88 »

so do you get extra scenes if you lost with belcoot or the other 2 when fighting childerich? And will the star of destiny die?
wetsprocket

Post by wetsprocket »

If they die in the fight then you no longer have 108 stars, and thus you will get a normal ending. Same goes for War battles.
Rahal wrote:the 2nd good ending is if you say "Nothing in particular" and then Georg tells you why not come with me?. and abcource Lyon with also come with you and also as a Bodyguard of the prince..

and then Prince,Lyon,Georg sets out on a Journey to the North!
and All of your Comrads Saying Goodbye to you boarding the Dahak..

Sheesh.. id like the Prince and Lyon get Married in the End!.. hehe

Unfortunately it does not turn-out that way.. :(
I collected all 108 and got the ending where I did not get the choice to stay with Lym (probably cuz I made fun of her a lot early on), BUT Lyon is alive and well and it implies that she stays with the Prince forever even past their travels so it's almost like they got married :)

So basically, the game is trying to teach you a life lesson: Respect women, and you can get the best ending :p
Hg_gt

Post by Hg_gt »

Normal/Good endings (I hear they're all good so worth a look definitely)
9. >108 SoD ending
10. 108 SoD + saying "I will help Lym rebuild"
11. 108 SoD + saying "Nothing in particular..."

i just beat the game for the 2nd time; this time with all 108 stars. It was a great ending but it didnt give me the chance to choose "I will help lym rebuild" or"nothing in particular...."

what happens with you get those ending and or how is that cutscene option available?

Gt
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

You should've been nicer to Lymsleia.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

so does anyone know for sure how to get the snow walking normal ending? is 60 the cutoff point for recruiting people?
DeKay

Post by DeKay »

Neclord X wrote:Seems that if you answer "nah. not ineresated" to the Kyle request (go to see Jeane), you have another scene. You probably see the same scene that i see with "Tahnks..." and "waht is all sudden"(or something like that). In that case de "good answer" is "thank You"
Well, I tried now several times to get the other scene with Lyon. But I always get the "Thank you." and "What's with you all of a sudden." answers, no matter if I choose all the "good" answers or not.

Does it maybe have to do with the fighting scene after you visited the rune shop?

But even here I tried 2 out of 3 options:

1. Fight with them.
2. Wait for the guards.

The third one would be to wait for Kyle's return I guess.

Any clarification on this?
Skrybe

Post by Skrybe »

Just got a Game Over ending that I don't recall being mentioned before. During the final duel with Dolph, if Lyon loses to him, the Prince steps in and fights in her place. If you lose as the Prince, you get a Game Over similar to if you lose the duel with Gizel.

The way Dolph kills the Prince is brutal: He grabs the Prince by the hair and slits his throat.
DeathChaser

Post by DeathChaser »

The way Dolph kills the Prince is brutal: He grabs the Prince by the hair and slits his throat.[/quote]
you lier !!!
What ?Wo are you..
Gravel

Post by Gravel »

Do you know where the thread is which tells you the Lym/ Lyon point-score and how you need to act for certain scenes to happen later?