Enemies with goodies

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

where can you collect the elemental rings in the game?
you get can infinite Water/Wind/Lightning/Earth Rings in Ashwalt from the mini-bosses and area boss. it's almost pointless, but i'm collecting SP and leveling characters to see their potential (SP gain is SO SLOW! 100 per mini-boss and 200 from area boss... while a lvl E skill takes 200-300 to upgrade, and getting to A costs like 700). i read for Flame Rings you need to hit up the area boss in Twilight Ruins, so that is annoying..

i think Golem area bosses (usually on the world map) drop Earth Rings.
SuikoMJM

Post by SuikoMJM »

You can fight the minibosses over and over again? How does one go about doing that? Wouldn't mind racking up Water and Wind Rings. Anyway, the information is already floating around out there. Are you just looking to get them into one location? I suppose I can do that much...

Water Ring
-Found in a chest in the Ship Graveyard off the Island port of Nirva
-Enmesharra drops one in the Ashtwal Mountains (Can't miss it)

Wind Ring
-Found in a chest in Roy's hideout (Ranro Mountains)
-Found in a chest in Eresh's Dungeon (Windspun Ring)
-Found in a chest in the West Palace (Windspun Ring)
-Gudalim drops one in the Ashtwal Mountains (Can't miss it)
*Only difference between the Wind and Windspun is that Windspun also adds +2 Evasion

Earth Ring
-Found in a chest in the Ceras Lake Ruins
-Dropped by World Map Area Boss Rock Golem

Lightning Ring
-Found in a chest in the Revolving Bridge
-Dropped by Ashtwal Mountains Area Boss Nemesis

Flame Ring
-Found in a chest in Doraat
-Dropped by Deep Twilight Ruins Area Boss Copper Sun

*Most of the credit goes to Cyril's guide at GameFAQs and Buff's posted chest list on the third page of the "Collectible List (Old Books, Formations, Etc." sticky thread on these forums.

...but yeah. If there's a way to get infinite Wind and Water rings, I'd like to know it.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

cool, thanks!
you can repeat/exit the Ashwalt ruins by just heading back to Luserina whenever you want. just make sure Prince doesn't head to the last section where they gather. i think you need to choose to reorganize your party if you want to repeat the bosses. if you're not in New Game+, i recommend putting Cathari with the hero's party so you can return quickly! he also has the longest route.

the Windspun Ring is also part of the set, which has godly effects for heavy-armor characters.. so it's very different compared to the Wind Ring
SuikoMJM

Post by SuikoMJM »

Well, I was paying attention specifically to the individual stats of the rings. When it comes down to it, the Wind Ring really is a poor man's Windspun Ring. Though, I don't think anyone is going to throw a fit over +2 Evasion. :P

Thanks on the Water and Wind Ring tip.
Po

Post by Po »

About the hellsteed mini-boss who drops the Blood Scale Mail in the lower Big Hole dungeon with Eresh... Can you encounter him more than once - I ran around for ages and never encountered him again
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

area bosses return every 30 minutes. you can reload the game to skip the wait, or come back in 30 minutes and try not to run into any other area boss or it'll reset the timer again.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Enemies with goodies

Post by KFCrispy »

This information is available in DarkElf's complete items list and list of enemy drops & weaknesses