[Guide] Skills

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Kagome

Post by Kagome »

Cool thanks for the Skill level list this will help alot since I now know which characters have limits and what Class(letter wise) they can go only as far.
Harmonian Zealot

Post by Harmonian Zealot »

Now here's a quick question: How do you train the Epic skills? I've got 3 of them, but they're perpetually greyed out on my characters.
Are there certain requirements you have to meet?
~~YOU WIN BY PINCER ATTACK!~~
killey

Post by killey »

You have to have trained the involved skills to rank A. So for Raging Lion Epic you need to have trained Stamina and Attack to A before you can start training the epic. That's why some characters can't use certain epics, because they can't get to rank A in the neccesary skills.
Desides

Post by Desides »

So is combat the only way to gain SP? I'm training characters for the final dungeon, and gaining only a few SP per fight is pretty taxing. Are there any items similar to the Prosperity equipment that increases SP earning rates?
Delsaber

Post by Delsaber »

This might be a silly question as the skill name appears rather self-explanatory, but what exactly does Treatment do? And assuming that it's for HP recovery, does it stack with Marina's Healing?
"Bash his EXECRABLEMALEFICENT RANCOROUSDAMNABLEFACE!"
Leona's Bar @ last.fm! Take Anita home tonight!
DawnRune

Post by DawnRune »

Marina's Healing skill heals a little HP every round during combat. Murad's Treatment skill heals more HP, but only after the fight ends (the same way Healing worked in III).
Hunter Rose

Post by Hunter Rose »

Does anyone know exactly what Incantation does? I am confused about its worth in combat...

You would think it would speed up the spell-casting process, so spells would go off earlier in combat. But I don't see any difference. An example of something I tried:

Jeane has Incantation at Rank A equipped, and her Speed stat is 117. She went 4th in my turn order casting a level 3 magic spell (Richard, Nikea and Lyon all went before her).

Zerase has Incantation [i]unequipped[/i] as a skill, and her Speed stat is 165 (she is naturally the fastest mage in the game, I believe). She went 2nd in my turn order casting a level 3 spell (Richard went first).

If I put Zerase's Rank A Incantation on her, then she goes before Richard, so I guess it does help. But not much at all, as you can see with Jeane.

It appears to me that the Agility skill and the Speed stat are far more influential on how quick a mage will get off a spell than Incantation. Although, I can only max at Rank A in magic atm, so maybe an SS rank will have more of a profound effect.

Thanks in advance.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

can we list what the affects of each skill are from E to SS? some are much more obvious than others (hard to determine critical %+, easy to figure out atk+)
Desides

Post by Desides »

Hunter Rose wrote:Does anyone know exactly what Incantation does? I am confused about its worth in combat...
My guess is that it's a tiebreaker sort of skill. If you have two characters with similar speed casting magic, and one has a higher incantation skill than the other, that character will cast first.

Given anecdotal evidence about incantation, that's the only description that makes sense.
Delsaber

Post by Delsaber »

All I'm really wondering about Incantation is why Nikea has such a high potential with it, being a purely physical character. Does it speed up the usage of combat runes as well?
"Bash his EXECRABLEMALEFICENT RANCOROUSDAMNABLEFACE!"
Leona's Bar @ last.fm! Take Anita home tonight!
Bippo

Post by Bippo »

You're missing Karmic Effect from the Epic Skills list.

It's Defense/Technique and is obtained after getting all checkers pieces from Egbert. That's pieces for the 108 stars and Lymsleia (Hard Checkers only), Ferid (Hard Entrapment only), and Arshtat (Hard Conqueror only).

The DoReMi elves don't have pieces. Either an Eresh or Eurum piece will do (assuming Eurum has one, does he?). I don't know if a certain non-star's piece is needed (slightly spoilerish).
adezero

Post by adezero »

what does forge do?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

istant blacksmith on the go
Eyedol

Post by Eyedol »

What about Takamu's Escape Route?

And Muroon's Bath skill? It says "Toasty %+ at the end of battle" ... what does "Toasty" mean, exactly?
Wodan

Post by Wodan »

Can you equip two Epic Skills?

The Prince's Stamina/Attack/Agility and Magic/Incantation skills can be trained to A or Higher.

And he is able to use Triple Harmony and Divine Right skills, but together? Not up to Sauronix yet so I can't test it for myself :D
Hero: He said..He wanted some bread...

Cray: Hahahahah..
Wonderwhite!