Suikoden V (Prototype)

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Suikoden V (Prototype)

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

From the same source as the World Map, I thought I'd share some images from the prototype version of Suikoden V while it was in development.

Meeting Salum Barows in the Senate, major differences being the text not appearing in a text box, the Prince is wearing his leader outfit way before he gets it in the final game. Script appears to have been final at this point at least.

Here the Differntial Gear appears to be fought in the sewers instead of the Revolving bridge, note that the text doesn't actually fit the box, the Prince is not in the party and though the text says Gavaya is in the party it appears to have two Shoons as a place-holder instead.

Treasure Chests are filled when you open them, but there's no animation of light streaming out of them, just a 3 frame animation of it being emptied. No text shows up to show what was found.

Early War Battle shot, soldiers look very different from final design, can't see who's supposed to lead if anyone special, possibly Roog?, and it's fullscreen instead of just a banner across the map.

The there's this, and I'm not sure if that's supposed to be an early design for the Sun Rune, or an embossed version, or what.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Suikoden V (Prototype)

Post by KFCrispy »

cool, where did you get this?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: Suikoden V (Prototype)

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

The Genso Suikoden V Premium DVD
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.