Thoughts on the Victory+ Conditions for battles

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
bookwormbabe29

Thoughts on the Victory+ Conditions for battles

Post by bookwormbabe29 »

I'm getting quick frustrated with "Victory+" and it's odd conditions. I can win the battles easily enough, with many battles losing less than a hundred troops....if any. Yet recently I can't get the reward item, no "+" despite trying various alternatives. First problem with the 'recapture' battle. I've read on these forums that it has an odd condition of not bearing near your HQ in the lake, yet I've ended the fight with troops next to it and as far away as possible, and that haven't changed the victory/+ status for me yet. After an hour of having near perfect victories changing things up, I gave up on it. I didn't need the fog robe drop, and I had clearly won easily so I wasn't going to lose sleep on the game being odd.

I moved on, hit the pursuit battles. on the Childerich side I can wipe the floor with them, and still no Victory+. Switched to the Armes side, still have an easy win, and still no Victory+. Switch to Childerich again, change things up, still easy win, still no Victory+.

This is really frustrating, as I can't figure out why this is happening. I don't need the items here, but since I will want items later I'd like to figure this out if I can.

The only thing I can think of is the game timer. I take my sweet time with games, and have over 100 hours clocked already. I've fought these fights my way and with a guide and have nothing to show for it, so time is one variable I can't check. I doubt many people have a clocked time as high, but it seems odd to think of that affecting war battles.

Any ideas?
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Re: Thoughts on the Victory+ Conditions for battles

Post by Wolkendrache »

Total game time doesn't matter, it's the time you need to win these particular battles. Try to meet the victory condition as fast as you can, and you should get a +.
In most battles you'll have enough time to kill everything, but in some battles it's very hard. So just try to be faster, you mostly don't need to kill everything.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
bookwormbabe29

Post by bookwormbabe29 »

I've tried that, too. Gave all of my main units speed boosting stat/skill, charged ahead and never sat around (like it's so easy to do to minimize casualties) but that's not helped in these two fights either.

Maybe you need some casualties? Like, maybe it's percentage based and it's possible to do 'too good' for the required casualty ratio? I haven't tried letting my forces get bloodied yet, so maybe I can try that. I'm really stretching things here as nothing seems to work.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

we have a thread about Victory+ conditions here: http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=7481

the recapture battle has different conditions, so just read the notes.
bookwormbabe29

Post by bookwormbabe29 »

I wasn't going to take space up in an official sticky topic to discuss ideas, but I can do that if you prefer.