Haven't played in many years, i have a few questions

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
darkeningtouch

Haven't played in many years, i have a few questions

Post by darkeningtouch »

I read that when you start a new game after beating it the first time you get to keep the things from your first playthrough like your money, party SP, inventory items and bank items. What about the things existing characters are wearing? if you dont, would it be wise to go back to my save before the final boss and return to the castle and strip the more useable stuff off all the characters?

i'm going through some old memory cards and it looks like i have a game save, 171 hours. that means i had played through once and started a new game and saved over that slot. I'm also going to assuming a second playthrough would mean a 3rd new game would possibly have even more goodies than the 2nd time?
sticky-runes

Re: Haven't played in many years, i have a few questions

Post by sticky-runes »

You will lose runes and gear that have been equipped to characters during the fight with the final boss, so if there is anything you want to keep for your new game +, then unequip it and put it in your warehouse. You can claim it all back as soon as you recruit chuck in your next game. It's worth keeping a few bits in your inventory (such as prosperity rune/gear or fortune rune and any special accessories and armour) so you can start using it immediately when you start a new game +, but make sure there is still a good bit of space in your party items or you'll risk becoming overloaded very early in the game.

You might also want to make sure there is some salt in your warehouse so you don't get any hassle with recruiting Sairoh.

Another good thing is that you will never have to find books, window settings or skill upgrades and formation settings ever again - you can use all your different formations straight away, and the chests that contained them will now yield lots of potch.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

here's a super tip if you want to save your good equipment.... you can become nearly invincible with certain characters using Poncho and Pointed Hat on characters who have a natural B affinity in Sun element. you can use Firefly + Steel Rune combo on someone to take all the physical hits for minimal damage, and everyone else is free to go all out.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

It's a good idea to keep some Saint's Cloaks in the inventory. Otherwise Hero, Lyon and Georg etc. might not get the chance to equip them in NewGame+.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan