Why so few soldiers in Suikoden V

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Why so few soldiers in Suikoden V

Post by suiko2fan2 »

Was playing Suikoden v again this week for old times sake and i really enjoy the big war battles; more real time and less turn base. Anyhow, my observation is why so few soldiers, i mean you only get a few hundred or a couple 1000 for any given campaign. Its just funny like compared to Suikoden 1 and 2 where you had 10,000-20,000 of soldiers at all given time killing each other by the end of war. Yeah in S3 and S4 given the changes and new nature of the large scale fighting you dont see the big numbers like you use too. But with S5 i felt like they tried going back to get a feeling of the warfare style of S2, just updated. I guess just more of surprise that the numbers are so low, because typically in a civil war the numbers are so high. For example of the 1 million or so soldiers that have died in the dozens of wars America has fought in its 230+ years, over 1/2 those deaths came from our civil war and that was just about 5 years of war.

Arshtat tells Lym to suck it up when it goes to watching the fighting at the Sacred Games as she may one day have to call upon 100,000 troops into battle in her name. So if the queen is using this number, be it probably a bit of exaggeration to make her point, but it could be possible if they had to fight a war of that scale...regardless...just thinking out loud i guess.

The Prince of Falena should be commanding a least 20,000 warriors not 1200...i mean really, if an orphan boy and General's son who dresses like a peasant can get 20k why not a member of the royal family...lol
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun