Difficulty completing the final dungeon

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
PrinceKev

Re: Difficulty completing the final dungeon

Post by PrinceKev »

Okay, so let me give you a more elaboration of the glitch. I already finished the game, BTW. I also tried activate the glitch once more and my conclusions are correct. Indeed that it is a very rare glitch because I tried to leave at some point(s) yet didn't experience it BUT there is one particular scenario wherein the glitch has been activated. Therefore, you can't actually say that I didn't bother trying anything or I missed a switch.

I used this as reference from GameFaqs:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/929668-suik ... faqs/52690

The red square marks indicates the location of my character in the 'dead end' glitch. At this point, Prince and Lyon are at their respective Blockade and only Zweig's is open. To proceed, Zweig's need to step on to the S6 (Switch 6) to open Prince' blockade.

In the 'dead end' glitch that I was saying, it was activated after getting the treasure (Royal Garb) and leaving the dungeon (no escape scrolls, just walk). When I came back, Prince and Lyon on their respective blockades (as seen on the image markings above). Zweig's elevator platform is raised when it should be down therefore, I can't go up and proceed to get in to S6 to open Prince' blockade. The 'dead end' happened on the elevator next to Zweig (as seen on the image markings above). One other thing, when you get too close or as in touching the raised elevator platform, tall shadow appears.

You can try it to see for yourselves. Suikoden V NTSC U
As much as I want to show the picture of the glitch, I am away from home because of work.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

make a video if possible, words can only describe so much
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
PrinceKev

Post by PrinceKev »

Other than the fact that I am faraway from home, I still won't bother doing that anymore. I already explained it as comprehensive as it is and I'm pretty sure that I won't get anything if I were just fooling or joking around. Well, not to mention that I'm not the only who experienced this. Oh well, never too late to see such thing like glitch right?

I'm done with this topic anyways. Cheers
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Who else experienced this glitch? I'm gonna stalk him so that he reveals the truth :twisted:
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Twilight Sky

Post by Twilight Sky »

It is..disappointing that I was not around when this thread was posted, so what I have to say is meaningless but. . . I can also confirm the reality of this glitch. Yes it can happen, although I was never able to figure out what triggered it, or how to fix it. But now we know how to avoid it. Get the garb, and try not to leave. Or if you're sure you need to leave, save the garb for last.

I had to restart my game, though it wasn't a big loss, except I miss my 32million potch and 76k SP.

Upon experiencing the glitch I thought I missed a switch somewhere. This had happened in my second playthrough, so naturally I thought this was the case. I retraced my steps 10 times, and the result was the same, the elevator near zweig was not working as intended.

And like the OP, I didn't find any useful information regarding this glitch, that is until I saw this topic today.