Level 60 characters ranking

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Level 60 characters ranking

Post by KFCrispy »

if you want to know more about affinities, check out http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=6431
silvereyes47

Post by silvereyes47 »

KFCrispy wrote:if you want to know more about affinities, check out http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=6431
thanks for the link
i got even confused after i saw it through...
my head start to spin after i looked into it...
wha...???!!!! blah... blah... formula this and that...

the poster must be crazy with the game even the most unthinkable game mechanic is exposed...
game's freak maybe...

so let's say: just forget about weapon affinity, what matters is critical, multistrike. just slash, hack, thrust, smash, bag big bug zap this and that, bom kaboom!!! and we got ourself victorious...
silvereyes47

Post by silvereyes47 »

ow yeah Punkaiser, you haven't explain rune multiplier in your spreedsheet. please tell what is rune×8?

thank you
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

silvereyes47 wrote:the poster must be crazy with the game even the most unthinkable game mechanic is exposed...
game's freak maybe...
Lets hope he'll take that as a compliment.

you can reach x8 multiplier for any characters with 3 free rune slots with set up as : dbl edge/boost/crazed but take note that crazed rune isn't that good if you read our discussion earlier. All these runes offer 2x damage and they stack with each other so we got 2x2x2=8x damage. By the way, in my sheet all 3 free rune slotters are filled with a rune order as I explained : boost/double strike/power rune

x8 damage is also available to some characters with their unique command rune which offer 2x damage modifer as Josephine, Yahr..etc..then they have another 2 free rune slots which usually could be stuffed with Boost+Dbl Edge rune. If you are not fan of one turn battle, then you should check out sword of magic too.
silvereyes47

Post by silvereyes47 »

ow my...
so it's a damage multiplier... i thought it's a type of rune that cause 8x damage per cast
it's easier to understand if you write as "3 Rune Slot" available

but thank you very much

and for one turn battle, isn't illusion form skill considered as instant win(kill)? similiar to flash in suiko 4, so using illusion form skill(with overleveled party) is the fastest way to win, but again where's the fun? and not work for final boss...
silvereyes47

Post by silvereyes47 »

if you can't post the liking point guide in gamefaqs.com
why not post it here in FAQ form?

at first i never thought suikoden 5 forum/board will be this lively considering this game is quite old(2006)
it's fun thinking there's many suikoden fans shared their idea/opinion and most of it still play/restart the game today
silvereyes47

Post by silvereyes47 »

ow yeah sorry for many post
but is there any challenge available to test your lv 60 character setup?
challenge such as dungeon or mini boss to test your setup?

maybe the last boss is the only one, isn't it?
i don't think Hellsteed (Eresh's dungeon mini boss) is worthy...
Konami should make an extra dungeon or two after clearing the game, such as star ocean
i started to lose interest in the game after finally make it to the last dungeon... for 2nd time...
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

By one turn battle , I mean you trash your enemies(bosses included) in one turn by fighting, not by getting high level + illusion.

Suikoden games sure lack challenges as optional bosses or extra hard dungeons, that's why people try to creat ways to make it harder by restricting a certain condition while playing the game, solo prince is one of those challenges.

You can test your characters with the 3 bosses before fighting Dolph since they all have ~8k Hp and respawnable as long as your prince get out of the ruins without proceeding the reunion with zwieg/lyon group (point of no return).
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Punkaiser, you can actually improve the damage of some characters if:
a) They participate in an at least 1x dmg unite
b) They have high ATK
If their base ATK is high enough, a Power Rune will have less potency than a Fury Rune. The Fury Rune's miss rate will be negated by the unite.

So against the final boss which has 300 PDF, you'd have to set a high bar so that only characters with 600 ATK or greater use Fury. But I think you said the average PDF for randoms in the final dungeon is 170--then characters with unites and at least 340 ATK should take Fury.
In realistic play, it's hard to decide who should use Fury vs Power to fully optimize the character against a specific enemy because the game doesn't just tell you PDFs and you'd still have to look at your own characters' stats to determine if their ATK is more than double the enemy PDF.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

No, KFC. The calculation was applied for Crazed(x2 damage) versus Power(x1.5 attack).

Fury rune is inferior to Power rune no matter what characters attack value as long as enemy defence is positive (>0)
We can do a little math here:
Let's call attack value of the character as A
Enemy defence as B
When equipped with fury, his damge dealt= (A-B)*1.5
When equipped with power rune, his damage dealt = (A*1.5-B)
In order to make fury > power rune we must have

(A - B)*1.5 > (A*1.5 - B)
<=> 1.5A - 1.5B > 1.5A - B
<=> -1.5B > -B
<=> B > 1.5B
that's impossible with B as a positive value(>0) that stands for enemy defence, so as conclusion, fury rune is inferior to power rune in any case.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

oh you're right. i was doubling damage instead increasing by 50% when I thought of this.
silvereyes47

Post by silvereyes47 »

hey sorry for interrupting, but this forum is quite dead during my last visit, isn't it?

i guess there's nothing/new idea to talk about...

anyway Punkaiser do you another link to your 'Liking Points Guide' beside the one on gamefaqs.com?
i saw it's being archieved
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

I posted it here, just scroll to bottom of the page
http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... 9&start=15

I also posted it here:
http://suikoden.wikia.com/wiki/Suikoden ... oint_guide
silvereyes47

Post by silvereyes47 »

Punkaiser wrote:I posted it here, just scroll to bottom of the page