Have I lost Mohsen?

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Rachael

Have I lost Mohsen?

Post by Rachael »

Okay, I was following this guide that said:
Before you leave Lelcar, enter the Rune Shop, then leave immediately. This will cause Moshen to appear outside his Armour shop. Talk to him now and you will be presented with dialogue choices. If you choose option #2, you will not be able to recruit Moshen. So choose #1.
Now, if I had scrolled down a little further I would have seen that there are two questions, and you are supposed to choose #2 to the second one. But I thought I would have to choose #1 for both questions--yes, I know #2 of the second question asks about opening an armor shop at your castle, but I thought maybe it was one of those "trick" situations where you're supposed to pick the less obvious answer.

Well, now he is just talking about getting his shop up and running soon. Horrified, I read the following in the walkthrough:
If you followed my recommendations and Moshen does not join, or he just does not appear outside his shop, don't worry, you will have another chance to recruit him later. The important thing is to choose options #1 then #2, so you don't lose the ability to recruit him entirely.
Does this mean that I have lost the ability to recruit him entirely? Will I be able to recruit him next time? Or do I need to reset?
"F*** you, I'm a goat." -Yohn
gildedtalon

Re: Have I lost Mohsen?

Post by gildedtalon »

I don't think he's missable
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

did you buy a lot of stuff from him?
Pokerface

Post by Pokerface »

You can recruit him right after the battle of Lelcar. But bevore that, spend about 100.000 Potch in his armor store, then wait until after the battle of Lelcar. Pick the first dialogue option and say you're sorry, and then offer him to open up shop in your HQ. That's how your recruit Mohsen the right way.

If you miss to recruit him in Lelcar, try it again after the event of Sable. If memory serves the last point to recruit him would be Hershville.
Mess with the best, die like the rest!
http://www.suikoden3.de
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Some of the choices make him move to Doraat if I remember correctly
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Pokerface

Post by Pokerface »

Yes, he can be recruited after the invasion of Doraat. And the latest point is Hershville. So better recruit him right after the battle of Lelcar.
Mess with the best, die like the rest!
http://www.suikoden3.de