[Codes] Codebreaker: Unlock the Dawn Rune Spells

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

[Codes] Codebreaker: Unlock the Dawn Rune Spells

Post by suiko2fan2 »

Good news the set is complete! Now we have the codes to unlock True Rune Spells for 1,2,4, and now 5. Again special great big thanks to the awesome Pyriel for his finishing touches on the coding.

Here is the code to unlock all 4 spells of the the Dawn Rune for a codebreaker. Enjoy!

Unlock Dawn Rune
006E0ED8 00000004

The Catch: Our friends at Konami didn't make this one easy. You do literally need to have this code always on before you start playing the game. If you turn off or reset the game independently from the gameshark you'll lose the modification to its default rune level setting based where ever you may be in the storyline. In other words, you'll need to have the code always going until you naturally get the 4th spell, if you so desire the spells earlier than the plot allows for.

There Should be no other problems if there is let me and good gaming!!
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: [Codes] Codebreaker: Unlock the Dawn Rune Spells

Post by KFCrispy »

You do literally need to have this code always on before you start playing the game.
ONLY when you want all 4 spells accessible, right? i assume you can play through the game w/out the cheat and then when you want to unlock the spells, you can save & quit, load the cheats with the game, and you'll have the spells.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Yeah, you aren't locked into using it from the time you start a new game. The code works at any time you choose to use it. You just can't save with it off, and expect to retain the effects. The game literally resets the value during every minor event script. If you only have the level 2 spell unlocked, and set it to level 4, save, and reload, the value will be reset the first time you change screens, open the menu, enter battle, etc.
knight85

Post by knight85 »

any chance somebody could convert that code to the PAL version?
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

Here is a pnatch to unlock the Dawn Rune Spells for emulator players. I've made this awhile ago and forgot to post it until now.

If you use a PCSX2 Emulator to play Suikoden 5, put this pnatch file in your cheat folder to always have unlocked all 4 of the Dawn Rune Spells. It does exactly what the cheat code I made at the top of the thread does, but you don't need a gameshark or codebreaker iso to use it. And best of all its always enabled, so no more reloads each time you restart it.

Instructions for Newbies:
1. Download and Unzip the file.

2. Place the "BCD0B7CD.Pnatch" file into the your emulator cheat folder. Usually found here: C:\Users\<PCNAME>\Documents\pcsx2\cheats

3.Load the PCSX2 Emulator and make sure the "Enable Cheats" choice is selected on under the system menu. Load Suikoden 5 ISO.

4, Enjoy Crimson Sky once the Prince gets his first lv4 attack and not 30 mins before the game finishes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by suiko2fan2 on Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
Leecher27

Post by Leecher27 »

Hi suiko2fan2,

Just to say thank you very much for sharing this.

It makes for a different experience of a new run.

Kudos to you!
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

No problem Leecher27, always happy to help others enjoy Suikoden more.

Best Suiko FanFic: