[Guide] Restaurant Items

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
patapi
Forum Moderator

[Guide] Restaurant Items

Post by patapi »

DarkElf wrote:Restaurant (Retso)

These items all require that you give certain Ingredients or grow certain Fish or Crops in order for them to appear. At this point, I don’t know what those requirements are.

Tomato Salad 100
Potato Salad 200
Carpaccio Salad 500
Deluxe Salad 1000
Juice 100
Fruit Punch 200
Vegetable Juice 500
Retso Nectar 1000
Broiled Eel 200
Sashimi Combo 400
Deluxe Sashimi 1000
Imperial Fish 2000
Rolled Cabbage 200
Carp Soup 400
Beef Stew 1000
Chicken Curry 2000
Grilled Salmon 300
Abalone Steak 600
Grilled Chicken 1500
Marbled Steak 3000
Tuna Rice Bow 300
Crab Rice Bowl 600
Matsutake Rice 1500
Seafood Rice Bowl 3000
Full Course 5000
Deluxe Full Course 10000
One question, now that it's 7 months later than the date that the above list was shared (which is already an exceptional job), has anyone compiled the list of which ingredients make which restaurant items available?

Also, do all HQ shop lists carry over to New Game+? YES

EDIT: Never mind the second question, found the answer in the New Game+ FAQ.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: [Guide] Complete List of Shop and Rare Find Inventories

Post by KFCrispy »

patapi i'm playing a new game so i can hold off on giving any ingredients to anyone and see what unlocks what foods near the end of the game. i never used them anyhow......

update: Retso initially starts with absolutely nothing on his menu!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: [Guide] Restaurant Items

Post by KFCrispy »

ok i don't think i will be able to figure out what ingredients unlock what food. it seems that there are multiple factors. i'm at the point where i took back HQ and have yet to take back Sable, and I have every ingredient except the Matsutake Mushroom, and i handed ingredients over one by one, ultimately only unlocking Sashimi Combo, Tuna Rice Bowl, and Abalone Steak. So I am guessing certain cities need to be available and/or the castle size matters.

Sashimi Combo and Tuna Rice Bowl were unlocked after handing over all vegetables, Squid, Octopus, and finally Tuna. So these two might be easy to figure out, but I don't think it's worth it trying to figure out the exact ingredients. Later as I handed over more and more ingredients, the Quality Sake unlocked Abalone Steak--while I know this also requires Abalone (or one would hope they programmed it that way), I already had handed over Turbine Shell, Abalone, Crab, Truffles, Marbled Beef, and Premium Chicken before the Quality Sake. it's just too much work for very little reward. I also would have to continue the game to figure out if HQ size, plot progression, and/or available towns (or even time, though I waited over 30 minutes after handing over all the 'baby' aquarium items) are necessary to get the other foods to unlock....
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

I am very interested in this too. It is highly likely they delay some dishes until late in that game. I recently dislocated my knee (again), and have some free time. I need to replay and correct the embarrasing number of errors in my walkthrough anyway, I might as well see if I can get more info in this. Though, getting exact info on which ingredient unlocks which dish, or which combos of certain ingredients unlock certain dishes might be next to impossible considering the play-time it would take to test. Disk analyzation made be the only way.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i picked up my game and am now at the end of the game without ever giving any items to the farm/aquarium/chef, so i will try to check it out again.. hopefully it isn't as frustrating as before (though i think it will be since i have to run around so much handing 1 thing at a time, and no soft reset!)
Apocalypse612

Post by Apocalypse612 »

Okay, so I'm at the end of the game where I have to reunite the 3 parties in the A. Mountains. I already handed in everything as far as cooking, fish, vegetables, etc. I've talked to Retso several times, and I'm still missing some key food options. I don't understand, is this part of the game bugged? Here's what I'm missing:

Sashimi Combo 400
Seafood Rice Bowl 3000
Full Course 5000
Deluxe Full Course 10000

Also, if I bugged this play through will my New Game + be as well?

Please, if anyone has insight I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
Last edited by Apocalypse612 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

do you have to hand in the ingredients again in new game+? i'm not sure..
did you collect all the spices as well?
i don't remember if the fishing game affects it either.. so much to figure out for such an uninteresting system :/
Apocalypse612

Post by Apocalypse612 »

I'm not sure if you can hand in the ingredients again in NG+. From what I read, though, all the shop lists are transferred over?

Here's a list of what I handed in. I did cross check it to make sure I got them all.

Baby Eel
Baby Carp
Baby Salmon
Baby Puffer Fish
Baby Sturgeon

They are all matured as well.

Tomato Seedling
Melon Seedling
Grape Seedling
Onion Seedling
Cabbage Seedling
Potato Seedling
Carrot Seedling
RedPepper Seedling

Squid
Octopus
Tuna
Turbine Shells
Abalone
Crab
Truffles
Matsutake
Marbled Beef
Premium Chicken
Quality Sake
**Strange Fish

Cross-Checked as I was going through with this list here: http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs5/gu ... citems.php

Also, does anyone know or can confirm if using Retso's "Cook" skill in battle will affect what he sells at the shop in any way?

Does anyone else have this problem, or a similar one? I'm hoping I just missed an item and this isn't a bug.

Thanks

Oh, if it matters I did hand most of these items in to Retso, etc, in "bulk"..
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the Cook skill in battle just provides a chance to get a food item from the enemies... it has nothing to do with the shop
Apocalypse612

Post by Apocalypse612 »

Didn't think it did, but I'm really out of ideas as to how I get these items to show up in the shop. :(
Apocalypse612

Post by Apocalypse612 »

Okay, I just collected everything again and it seems I did miss the Squid entry. >.< My mistake!
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

This is neither a guide nor does it clarifies something. The restaurant items are part of the Miscellaneous Items Listing. Topic released.