Missing....

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Teck

Missing....

Post by Teck »

So I'm running through SV for the first time finally and I'm noticing something highly annoying.... Frey misses ALL THE DAMN TIME~! I mean, I have missed with him like upwards of 4 times in a row before.... He's guaranteed to miss at least once every single fight right now, and my fights are only lasting 2 or 3 rounds on avereage.... I have a formation with +5 Tec and put him on lvl C tech skill bonus too and it doesn't seem to make a difference.... Can anyone enlighten me on what's going on~? I should be able to hit a damn rabbit every time >.<;

P.S. - I threw a counter rune on him almost right away since I didn't have much else, I don't think this affects anything though....
She walks in beauty like the night, of cloudless climes and starry skies.... - Lord George Gordon Noel Byron
eldrasidar

Re: Missing....

Post by eldrasidar »

well, basically, your formation and skill level in tech only added i think 25 points to his accuracy. try adding a technique ring(+10) or two. I'm not sure if this will help though, since there is the technique skill, which then buffs the tech stat and the Acc stat, but it is unclear to me at least whether equipment or formations that buff technique are referring to the skill(and thereby Acc), or just the stat tech(and not also Acc). but keep in mind, you'll always have a miss chance unless the opponent you're trying to hit is asleep. also keep in mind that his Acc stat is only about 3/4s of what Georg's is at any particular level, so don't expect him to be as awesome just on pure physical combat. You can make up for this by making use of the Prince's good magic skills though.

the counter rune doesn't do anything accuracy wise.
Destiny's Warrior

Post by Destiny's Warrior »

I remember I had that problem. It's pretty damn annoying. I either used his unite with Leon or the Dawn Rune in battles.

There's a few things in that game that annoyed me one of them bring the constant random battles...!
"It's called 'Sex Panther' by Odeon... It's illegal in 9 countries... Yep, it's made with real bits of panther so you know it's good."

"Are we about to get it on, 'cause i'm as hard as diamond in an ice storm..."
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Well where are you sticking him in your formation? If he's in the front or the back his accuracy will take a major hit. I suspect this is your problem since you're at the beginning. Check out our guide: http://suikosource.com/games/gs5/guides/formations.php

Other things that would cause accuracy problems:
Hunter Rune - fixes your accuracy to 5% and you only deal 1 dmg.
berserk status (or just Fury Rune?) - accuracy penalty
Crazed Rune/status - possible accuracy penalty
Teck

Post by Teck »

Thanks for the help guys.... I'm thinking that my formation might be the key here.... I'll check out the link you posted KFCrispy~!
She walks in beauty like the night, of cloudless climes and starry skies.... - Lord George Gordon Noel Byron
Teck

Post by Teck »

So I swapped my characters into the appropriate rows for my formations now and it has made ALL the difference~! Thanks again to KFCrispy for this~! I didn't think too much about formation penalties due to the lack of it from other Suikodens....