Questions: Egbert's Game Pieces & Unlocking Trade Items

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Leon481

Questions: Egbert's Game Pieces & Unlocking Trade Items

Post by Leon481 »

I'm going for a 100% complete file, and I had a few questions.

1. I know that if you get either Eresh or Euram's game pieces, then get all the pieces and the Epic Skill in the same playthrough, the other character's game piece will never appear. What if you get Eresh's game piece but don't get the epic skill. Will Euram's piece appear in New Game+, or will it still just not appear? I'm just wondering if that can be a loophole to get both.

2. How exactly do you go about unlocking the special trade items? Do you just have to sell enough of the requisite item, or do I need to make enough profit off that item, or what? Exactly how much profit will I need to make or how much would I have to sell for each item? Does the game tell you when you unlock the items, or do they just appear after a while? I tried getting them on a playthrough a while ago, but never managed it.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Questions: Egbert's Game Pieces & Unlocking Trade Items

Post by KFCrispy »

regarding the Egbert questions, i don't think anyone can answer your question.

check out the trading guide to see what unlocks what: http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=6403
I don't have clear information on *how* it unlocks - total profit? total units traded? some people seemed to unlock items a lot earlier than i did even though there were many times in a playthrough wheere i spent a ton of time trading almost every item for lots of money.
Leon481

Post by Leon481 »

So nobody knows huh? I guess I'll have to find out for myself. Thanks for the help.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Let us know what you find out :)