cant get bastan,eresh and killey (help please)

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
jakooo2jam

cant get bastan,eresh and killey (help please)

Post by jakooo2jam »

bastan:
i have painting? in my inventory but when i talk to bastan,nothing change,i heard that painting? must be painting by ivanov but i cant get that painting with painting by ivanov instead,in my story,i have reach the attack stormfist (where i get platinum hammer),still i can get bastan?

killey:
my story is same as above,i havent free killey at the agate prison,can i still get killey?i search him over twilight ruin and sindar ruin ceras lake ruin but he's nowhere

eresh:
i get eresh at big hole,becouse she can fight,not like euram,so i get eresh not euram.my question is:some people in this forum say that eresh is bad character,not good,etc.but i think her magic power is nice,her magic skill have reach SS,am i wrong?which one is better,recruiting euram or eresh?if i recruit euram will it change the storyline?

thanks
by suikoden lover from indonesia
Belcoot4

Re: cant get bastan,eresh and killey (help please)

Post by Belcoot4 »

Bastan can be annoying to recruit if you don't go about it the right way. First, when you first get to Haud Village after running from Sol-Falena don't even go into the appraisal shop just keep going on with the story. Next, in your early recruting stages (when you leave Rainwall for Raftfleet or from Raftfleet to your headquarters) speak to the guy at the revolving bridge and he will mention something about an inventor in Estrise. Take a boat to the revolving bridge once you've talked to Sorensen and Babbage and just about everything you fight inside drops a painting. I actually prefer to have Zweig in my party because of his Treasure Hunt skill which allows these paintings to drop more often. I don't know whats the difference between the paintings at the revolving bridge and everywhere else but they seem to be the only ones to work on Bastan. So once you've picked up about 5 or 6 paintings and finished up the revolving bridge (its not technicaly finished until you drop Sorensen and Bastan off back in Estrise) go back to Haud Village and repeativley keep asking him to appraise eventually (usually around the 7th "ask") a phrase will pop up and you have the oppurtunity for him to join you. Sorry that this is rather lenghthy but this is definitly the easiest step by sep method I've used.

Killey- Killey isn't very hard to recruit as long as you do his steps properly. After freeing Lucretia from Agate Prison go back to the prison with Cius in your party and run along the right side of the prison and Cius should mention something that somebody is still here. Also, you should of recruited Takamu already if you didn't a similar dialouge takes place and just recruit him and leave and then come back to get Killey. I don't think they can be talked to at the same time, thats step one for Killey. Next, once you did everything at the Ceras Lake Ruins and your headquarters has surfaced Killey will show up at your main exit of the headquarters. Hes intrigued about your new headquarters and allow him to go view the room on the top floor, thats step two. Lastly, when you get to the Deep Twilight Ruins he should come up walking behind you during a dialogue with Loralei, Zweig, and Miakis. Allow him to come with you to explore the rest of the ruins and when you finnally exit you have an oppurtunity to actually recruit him, recruit him then and hes yours. Now I have heard that people who have missed one or two of the steps that I mentioned can find him in the back of the ruins thats connected to your headquarters but I haven't had to go that route, so if you did miss one of the steps just go all the way to the back of the Ceras Lake Sliuce Gate Ruins and he should be there from what I hear.

Eresh- I'll comment on what I think about her as a character first. Eresh is very limited I believe she only gets two rune slots. Her Hp isn't the greatest and compared to the bunch of other "mages" shes very weak even if she can reach SS status. I'm on my 7th playthrough and shes only made it into my final 18 once, thats because I was trying her out. I suggest using characters like Isato, Killey, Bernadette, Zerase (obviously), Levi, or the hybrids Kyle and Miakis. Believe it or not I actually find my self to feel really bad for Euram by the end of the game despite all of his mishaps. His sister straight left the house for her own ambitions (better or worse), his mother locked her self away in the bedroom (strange), and his father was blown away by the Twilight rune right infront of him. So I suggest going through that whole cave with Eresh and pick up all the items (first playthrough is crucial) and right before you get to the Main Boss (the door that has a save crystal in the doorway) use an Escape Scroll and just leave Eresh behind. This will allow you to recruit Euram at the end of the game. I don't think it really changes the plot in anyway except there might be some extra dialouge when you recruit Euram. Questions I do find my self asking quite often is if you do recruit Eresh whats Eurams story? Well I hope this helps you.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
jakooo2jam

Re: cant get bastan,eresh and killey (help please)

Post by jakooo2jam »

Belcoot4 wrote:Bastan can be annoying to recruit if you don't go about it the right way. First, when you first get to Haud Village after running from Sol-Falena don't even go into the appraisal shop just keep going on with the story. Next, in your early recruting stages (when you leave Rainwall for Raftfleet or from Raftfleet to your headquarters) speak to the guy at the revolving bridge and he will mention something about an inventor in Estrise. Take a boat to the revolving bridge once you've talked to Sorensen and Babbage and just about everything you fight inside drops a painting. I actually prefer to have Zweig in my party because of his Treasure Hunt skill which allows these paintings to drop more often. I don't know whats the difference between the paintings at the revolving bridge and everywhere else but they seem to be the only ones to work on Bastan. So once you've picked up about 5 or 6 paintings and finished up the revolving bridge (its not technicaly finished until you drop Sorensen and Bastan off back in Estrise) go back to Haud Village and repeativley keep asking him to appraise eventually (usually around the 7th "ask") a phrase will pop up and you have the oppurtunity for him to join you. Sorry that this is rather lenghthy but this is definitly the easiest step by sep method I've used.

Killey- Killey isn't very hard to recruit as long as you do his steps properly. After freeing Lucretia from Agate Prison go back to the prison with Cius in your party and run along the right side of the prison and Cius should mention something that somebody is still here. Also, you should of recruited Takamu already if you didn't a similar dialouge takes place and just recruit him and leave and then come back to get Killey. I don't think they can be talked to at the same time, thats step one for Killey. Next, once you did everything at the Ceras Lake Ruins and your headquarters has surfaced Killey will show up at your main exit of the headquarters. Hes intrigued about your new headquarters and allow him to go view the room on the top floor, thats step two. Lastly, when you get to the Deep Twilight Ruins he should come up walking behind you during a dialogue with Loralei, Zweig, and Miakis. Allow him to come with you to explore the rest of the ruins and when you finnally exit you have an oppurtunity to actually recruit him, recruit him then and hes yours. Now I have heard that people who have missed one or two of the steps that I mentioned can find him in the back of the ruins thats connected to your headquarters but I haven't had to go that route, so if you did miss one of the steps just go all the way to the back of the Ceras Lake Sliuce Gate Ruins and he should be there from what I hear.

Eresh- I'll comment on what I think about her as a character first. Eresh is very limited I believe she only gets two rune slots. Her Hp isn't the greatest and compared to the bunch of other "mages" shes very weak even if she can reach SS status. I'm on my 7th playthrough and shes only made it into my final 18 once, thats because I was trying her out. I suggest using characters like Isato, Killey, Bernadette, Zerase (obviously), Levi, or the hybrids Kyle and Miakis. Believe it or not I actually find my self to feel really bad for Euram by the end of the game despite all of his mishaps. His sister straight left the house for her own ambitions (better or worse), his mother locked her self away in the bedroom (strange), and his father was blown away by the Twilight rune right infront of him. So I suggest going through that whole cave with Eresh and pick up all the items (first playthrough is crucial) and right before you get to the Main Boss (the door that has a save crystal in the doorway) use an Escape Scroll and just leave Eresh behind. This will allow you to recruit Euram at the end of the game. I don't think it really changes the plot in anyway except there might be some extra dialouge when you recruit Euram. Questions I do find my self asking quite often is if you do recruit Eresh whats Eurams story? Well I hope this helps you.

@ bastan :
yes i had go to the revolving bridge,i fight the green robots there and i get the painting? but its not work,i only get graffiti not painting by ivanov.some ppl say that inside painting? must be painting by ivanov,maybe i should try it harder repeat it until i get with perfect story timing

@ killey :
wah i think i miss him when i get takamu in agate prison,i didnt get back to agate prison to free killey,maybe i'll get killey with newgame+ (again) lol

@ eresh :
i dunno about that,but i get eresh lv 60 compared by my zerase lv 60,with same equipment,armor,etc,but different skill which eresh is SS,and zerase is just S,eresh magic is better than zerase,better than anyone else,and i get eresh with 3 rune slot too.