Formation Clarification Question

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Julius

Formation Clarification Question

Post by Julius »

I've read a few FAQs involving Formations, but I can't find this specifically answered:

When you are picking a new Tactical Formation (ie Goose, Arrowhead, etc), what determines what counts as the "First Row" / "Second Row" etc, etc?

On the screen there's a little grid 6 columns long, 4 rows deep. Are the 'Rows' mentioned above those rows?

Or is it based upon how many people are in front of person, ignoring completely where they may be located on that little grid?

For example, let's say you're looking at 'Goose'. The person who is nearest to the top on the far left side, is in the second row down, but there is no one in front of them. Are they in the First Row or the Second Row? If they aren't in the Second Row, that means the person behind them is in the Second Row, despite really being in the... well, 3rd and a half row, I guess.

Do those Half Rows matter? If so, how?

Or, to ask about another Formation: Double Arm puts the very middle person in the second row down. Now, they aren't technically behind anyone, but there are 2 people in the First Row... where is that middled person? First or Second Row?

Hopefully, these questions somehow make sense...
Antimatzist

Re: Formation Clarification Question

Post by Antimatzist »

Great question, I want these to be answered, too^^
Julius

Re: Formation Clarification Question

Post by Julius »

After doing my own play testing last night, it seems to be this:

The rows on the little grid are the rows it refers to for S, M, L. As for half rows, they seem to round up for counting. So, if you put someone in the 3rd and a half row, it seems to consider them in the 4th row for miss rates (so don't put any M's in 3.5). Finally, enemy S range fighters can only hit people in the farthest row forward, who are along the same row. In the case of Double Arm, it's either person in Column 2 or 5 of Row 1, in the case of Goose, it's just that one guy in column 5 row 1 that they seem to be able to attack, and in Standard it's any of the 3 people in row 2.

Can anyone confirm all of this to be the case?