Help recruiting Genoh

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
niuguardguy

Help recruiting Genoh

Post by niuguardguy »

So Im nearly at the end of the game and Ive tried everything I can in order to recruit Genoh (the giant turtle) and nothing I do works. The first time I ran into him I didnt have an older character near to my level so he rejected me. I just assumed that once I raised an older character close to my level, he eventually come back. But I cant seem to get him out of that stupid Waterfall Basin.

Is there anyone else whose run into this situation? Have I lost him for good? Please help me out.
abs

Re: Help recruiting Genoh

Post by abs »

fter restoring Lordlake, find Genoh at the waterfall area in Waterfall Basin(where Richard is/was training). To do this ...

1. You need to have spoken to a beaver who mentions "The Boss" at the Beaver Lodge Inn, and talk to the Beaver Clan Chief, Fuwalafuwalu until he mentions "The Boss" as well. You can speak with Fuwalafuwalu when he's in your HQ as well (usually is except when storyline events are happening).

2. Take Alhazred, Levi, Wabon or Galleon to Waterfall Basin, but the old person must be at 95% of Prince's Level (which generally translates to 1 level below, possibly 2).

* If the old person does not meet the level requirement, Genoh will think you disrespect old people and always have them sit in your castle! Simply come back when you meet the requirement.

* If you bring Jeane or Zerase instead, Genoh will come out sensing an old person but will feel mistaken because they look young!
Good luck.
niuguardguy

Post by niuguardguy »

Thanks for replying so quickly, but you see...Ive done this. The most recent thing Ive done is raised Alhazred to level 45 (the heros level as well) and returned to the exact spot. But the thing is is that the encounter doesnt happen anymore. Nothing happens once I return to his spot in the Basin.

Maybe this is because I need to try a different older character then the pervious one used? Am I not supposed to try during a major game event? (Im currently supposed to be exploring the Sindar ruins.) Ive completly run out of ideas. Anything else that can help me?
Holywhippet

Post by Holywhippet »

It must be because you are in the middle of an event. I recruited him using Alhazred IIRC and that was on my second visit with the exact same character.
niuguardguy

Post by niuguardguy »

O.k. I hope thats it. Thanks for the help.
abs

Post by abs »

Make a different file save. Its best to be sure.l
narutosupernova

Post by narutosupernova »

you just recruit levi and go to watrefall basin for it. it more easier than you use alzhared to recruit genoh