Fall of sol falena

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
abs

Fall of sol falena

Post by abs »

I noticed in this scene, the guard who is going to shoot ferid with the bow and end up being killed by arshtat was standing in place that no one would stand at in battle. I was just wandering if its was a mistake by konami or was it really meant to be like that.

I did not know where to post this, but since its related suikoden 5 i though maybe this would be the appropriate place to post.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Fall of sol falena

Post by KFCrispy »

abs wrote:I noticed in this scene, the guard who is going to shoot ferid with the bow and end up being killed by arshtat was standing in place that no one would stand at in battle. I was just wandering if its was a mistake by konami or was it really meant to be like that.
i don't see how this could be a mistake. yes, the dude is standing in a spot "that no one would stand at in battle", making him pretty safe and giving him a good viewpoint for sniping his targets. how did he get up there? people climb vertical cliffs in real life, so i don't think that's a problem.
Holywhippet

Post by Holywhippet »

His location did strike me as odd to be honest. It looked like he would have needed to enter the room, cross the floor and climb up - all of which would get him noticed and cut down.

I think they put him there because the plot called for him to be easily noticeable.
abs

Post by abs »

KFCrispy wrote:
abs wrote:I noticed in this scene, the guard who is going to shoot ferid with the bow and end up being killed by arshtat was standing in place that no one would stand at in battle. I was just wandering if its was a mistake by konami or was it really meant to be like that.
i don't see how this could be a mistake. yes, the dude is standing in a spot "that no one would stand at in battle", making him pretty safe and giving him a good viewpoint for sniping his targets. how did he get up there? people climb vertical cliffs in real life, so i don't think that's a problem.
It Was mostly sword battles, How did he find the time to climb that thing in such life and death situation.

If you ere in that battle would you climb that? And he climed a mere 2 feet so whats the use.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the invaders greatly outnumbered the number of guards in the castle. most of them fell asleep from the drug earlier. i'm pretty sure the only people in the room were the invaders + Ferid, Arshtat, and Galleon. archers can easily spend time trying to climb up whatever they wanted because they were well protected.
abs

Post by abs »

there was a number of guards int there not just arshat, galleon, ferid and gerog....The guards alongside ferid, galleon and gerog was waiting for nether gate and they were not druged. the point was it being odd

Well its not like its important or anything, suikoden 5 was still great.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

i believe the rule of the thumb for marksmen is to always get to higher ground

ever watched a movie with a sniper underground?

it's for visibility and range

now if i was trained to be a sniper or an archer, i won't go shooting at point blank

heck i'm no Legolas

i'd observe the battlefield and find a secure and vantage location

from this explanation, it makes sense
abs

Post by abs »

if it was at least five feet tall then i would understand......but that thing was like 2 feet tall. imaging a sniper climbing a chair in close combat..does that make sense?
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

2ft higher that falls into the backdrop of the battlefield sounds better to me than standing flat with my enemy

knowing that my skills are that of a long range shooter

i think this is what you call, adjusting to the situation

i've made my point, no use repeating myself

now if you're really convinced that the shooter was placed out of little or no sense at his location

even with proper reasoning

go ahead, feel free ^_^
abs

Post by abs »

seriously Mio, Two feet tall. I suggest you watch again to see how odd it was.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oPI9HXWdVI

what's so odd about that?

if there was a chair available in place of that indented pillar

i'd climb it

what with all those people moving about, friend and foe?

if it would grant me better view over the area, i'd climb even a foot stool

wouldn't want friendly fires now do we?
abs

Post by abs »

I need to make a poll about this......I just cant seem to accept it being not odd..

MIO, I hope i didnt annoy you or something :D
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

abs wrote:I need to make a poll about this......I just cant seem to accept it being not odd..

MIO, I hope i didnt annoy you or something :D
Polls aren't allowed here.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
abs

Post by abs »

I was thinking of doing it elsewhere...There are the other suikoden sites.....
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

you're gonna miss me

cos i won't be there

^_^