Assorted questions

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Holywhippet

Assorted questions

Post by Holywhippet »

1) Is a character effectiveness in a strategic (ie. war) battle affected by their current level? What about their equipment?

2) What exactly was Killey doing in Sol Falena? I'd thought he was trying to sneak in with Godwin's scholars, but the scene where the Queen dies indicates he was already in the sealed room. I could be wrong but I thought he and the scholars were only called in after the Prince had fled which was after the Queen was dead.

3) Is there some trick to catching Do Re Mi elves in a group? I ran into a group of 5 outside of Doraat. After I'd killed a few I had Cornelio use his rune to try and capture one - but it didn't work. I tried again when there was only one left and it still didn't work. Do I have to target a certain colour or something?
Antimatzist

Re: Assorted questions

Post by Antimatzist »

1) No. But I don't know if equipped Runes have an effect.

2) I thought he was called after the Queen's death? <_<

3) iirc the DoReMi-Elves you can catch come always alone. And they have special names like FaSoLa and so on and are not called "DoReMi-Elf".
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

1) Is a character effectiveness in a strategic (ie. war) battle affected by their current level? What about their equipment?
equipment and levels do not affect anything in the strategy battles. this thread explains the damage formulas: http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 43&t=10153
2) What exactly was Killey doing in Sol Falena? I'd thought he was trying to sneak in with Godwin's scholars, but the scene where the Queen dies indicates he was already in the sealed room. I could be wrong but I thought he and the scholars were only called in after the Prince had fled which was after the Queen was dead.
Killey was involved in research for the Godwins (they found the ruins of the Sun Rune temple). The Godwins would not have launched their attack without this temple; their intention from the beginning was to be able to use the Sun Rune to conquer other territories and with the knowledge from the temple, they had confidence they could use its power a little.
Anyway, Killey joined the attack on Sol Falena to examine the headpiece thing of the Sun Rune... like Zweig, he's interested in a lot of rune-related/Sindarian stuff.
3) Is there some trick to catching Do Re Mi elves in a group? I ran into a group of 5 outside of Doraat. After I'd killed a few I had Cornelio use his rune to try and capture one - but it didn't work. I tried again when there was only one left and it still didn't work. Do I have to target a certain colour or something?
like Antimatzist pointed out, you can't capture that group of 5 DoReMi elves, you need to capture the larger individual ones with names that only appear in certain locations.
Holywhippet

Post by Holywhippet »

KFCrispy wrote:
equipment and levels do not affect anything in the strategy battles. this thread explains the damage formulas: http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 43&t=10153
I was thinking more along the lines of certain characters getting combat bonuses due to their level. For example, Richard is a character I've had in my party fairly often since he's a fairly strong fighter. In combat he gives a + to attack. I was wondering if this + is only because I've levelled him up a bit.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

if you left Richard alone and did not train him

he'd still give that + attack