[FAQ] Loading Suikoden 4 data

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Then I guess I can stop doing the Lvl99 trick in Suiko4 on all the characters that show up in Tactics :?
TrueRune27

Unable to upload suikoden IV data!!!

Post by TrueRune27 »

I wonder if anyone encountered this problem. When i start a new game and chose to upload suikoden IV game save, it reads NO suikoden IV data in my memory card when i have got numerous saves... I suspect it's because my tactics is the Multi5 version whereas suikoIV is the US version. Anyone know anything about this?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Unable to upload suikoden IV data!!!

Post by KFCrispy »

they need to be the same region, or figure out how to hack-edit the save to change the region code or something.....
TrueRune27

Re: Unable to upload suikoden IV data!!!

Post by TrueRune27 »

Thanks for the advise, however i find it to be outside my ability to change or hack the region.
tactless

Re: Loading Suikoden 4 data

Post by tactless »

on the subject of region,i also had a SIV from NTSC region and a PAL SuikoTactics,that readed no data from my memory card.i was told that that was the proble,so i got a new Tactics(NTSC),but it stills reads no data!! i guess god dosn´t wants me to use lazlo -__- unless somebody could help me point out the real cause?
"Whoa! I can´t wait to learn the art of dozzing off at my feet!" - Nalleo
streamofthesky

Re: Loading Suikoden 4 data

Post by streamofthesky »

Hi, uh...related question. Can you not load S4 data on the first playthrough, get to New Game+, and then load the data?

I ask, because I just started playing Tactics, even though I've owned it for a year, and really like it. The reason I waited so long is...I really couldn't stand playing S4 anymore, but wanted to wait till I finished to start Tactics. I recently decided to start anyway, but it'd be nice to at least get Snowe and Lazlo on the New Game+, so I can just skip long scenes I've already watched (I saw that listed as one of the New Game+ benefits somewhere). So, anyone try this? Or at least, does it ask you to load data on New Game+, or is it dependent on whether you did from the base save file?

Thanks for helping.

EDIT: Nevermind, found my answer in another thread. :( looks like I'll need to find a friend with the save data before I waste any more time...