Best character by Classes.

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Mitsuba got a 3rd spell for me, but I prefer Selma over both Coop and Mitsuba. Coop is just too slow and Mitsuba rather mediocre.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Angelis_Taleria wrote:Mitsuba is the best great sword user
Angelis_Taleria also wrote:I prefer Selma over both Coop and Mitsuba.
So, shouldn't you have said Selma in the first place?
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

LOL!!!

I haven't tried any great sword users yet. Well... I've tried Coop and he's pretty good, but I dunno... I just put Mitsuba out there.

And yeah, since Champo can equip a Lion Rune, I qualify him as a Claw-user. :P
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Jowy Atreides wrote:
Angelis_Taleria wrote:Mitsuba is the best great sword user
Angelis_Taleria also wrote:I prefer Selma over both Coop and Mitsuba.
So, shouldn't you have said Selma in the first place?
Yar. In terms of strenght Mitsuba > Selma. Most people go for strenght so thats why I said Mitsuba is the best. Now you're probably wondering why I didn't say Coop was the best, his ridiculously low speed does not even put him in the running for being the best great sword user along with Axel's lack of a bull's eye skill.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Are you kidding? Axel is teh r0x0rz!!!!!!! :lol:

And yeah, what turned me off about Coop was his ridiculously low SPD, and I don't really do switching in battles, unless it's the old "use Cedric at the start for a great movement range, put him in the middle of the map then switch him out for great tank Eugene" trick.
killey

Post by killey »

One H Sword: Millay for offense and evade, Gretchen for offense and defence.

Axe/Hammer: Nalleo; sub par PDF but his high HP cancels that out and all his other important stats are great.

Great Sword: Mitsuba probably, but I prefer Coop.

Battle Rod: Jeane beats Andarc, a below average fighter and a great mage is better than an average fighter and an average mage.

Rod: Maxine just edges out Simeon.

Missile: Either one, Kate has great EVD but Sigurd has great MDF and slightly better all round stats.

Archery: I prefer Seneca since she seems to get a lot of criticals but Flare isn't a bad choice either.

Claws: Wendel stat-wise or Mizuki for her Shrike rune.

Narcissist: Reinbach, he beats Charlemagne in almost every stat.

Spear: Eugene as a tank, Lino as a damage dealer (I'm not sure whether he gets Bull's Eye or not).

Two Swords: Lazlo beats Kika but Kika's falcon rune makes her almost as good.

Unique: Kyril wins by default.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Lino has Bull's Eye available as a skill.
killey

Post by killey »

Jowy Atreides wrote:Lino has Bull's Eye available as a skill.
I thought so, I know Busk doesn't which makes him a bit annoying unless on a kangacorn, it's a pity that the unicorn rune doesn't come with a single target spell.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the Unicorn Rune is great! but ya do need a Balance Rune.. same goes for Gozz. however, i haven't found a spear user that can truly take advantage of being able to ride a Kangacorn AND abuse the Unicorn Rune because of the need for a Balance Rune.. Ornela and Rachel probably have 3 slots so they can use all the runes, but neither of them offer the high strength of Lino, Busk and Reinhold. However, i dislike using those 3 because they're so slow. Eugene definitely needs a Balance Rune if he uses Unicorn so i just don't give him either and use a Kangacorn and maybe Magic Sword instead.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Well, Ornela isn't as strong as Lino but her stats aren't as mediocre as his. She's more balanced and on a lightning elemental tile she can realy cause some damage with that setup.
killey

Post by killey »

So we have:
Eugene as a tank.
Lino on a kangacorn with the Kangacorn Rune.
Ornela using the Unicorn Rune.

I suppose it just depends what kind of character you're looking for, personally I prefer to use Eugene since:
97DEF + 55 MDF + 502 HP + Firefly Rune = Best tank ever.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Eugene's evade is off the charts as well. some characters were given all the good stuff....

let's not forget about Blue Mercenary (spear)! lessee... according to my own lvl 50 stats, he's got average speed but high strength, almost matching Lino in STR, Reinhold in SPD.
and actually, Ornela is pretty strong, 67 STR (equal to Reinhold in my game), Busk is 76, Blue Merc is 81 and Lino is 83. for Skill, Ornela is tops at 83, Eugene is very good w/72, Rachel is 63, Reinhold 57, Blue Merc 54, Busk 53, Lino 52 (so these last 3 chars probably have the same/similar growth)
wow Reinhold actually has crap PDF.. 41? maybe it's a mistake.. (checks: NOPE!)
Silent-Lake

Post by Silent-Lake »

Is Rita considered as an axe user? Because I can't put a Gozz rune on her. If she isn't, I'd consider her as the best Other Weapon user.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

rita uses a hammer as her weapon ora better term for it would be a mallot
killey

Post by killey »

Rita's weapon is of the same power level as axes but she doesn't get the benefit of a Gozz Rune, so I'd actually consider her the worst unique character. It's only between her and Kyril anyway unless you want to include Lazlo and Kika.

But she is useful early on in the game.