Best character by Classes.

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
Agremsep

Best character by Classes.

Post by Agremsep »

I'm having a headache trying to find out which character is the best or at least, 1 of the best by classes - stat wised or skill wised or opinion wised.

This is list is made from what I've read or heard from other topics. I'm only midway through the game and I'm not really sure about it.

1 handed sword :
Snowe
Millay

Great Sword:
Mitsuba

Spear:
Lino En Kuldes

Archer:
Flare

Mage:
Jeane? Roget?

Knife-Thrower:
Sigurd?

Claw:
No idea?

Axe:
Mmm?

Is there other classes or characters I've missed out?

(Edit : Updated List)
Last edited by Agremsep on Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

snowe has a 1 handed sword, amelia also has a 1 handed sword

axel has a great sword

pablo,maxine,andarc,simeon,corseilia,jeane,roget and katarina are all mages

akaghi and mizuki have claws, im guessing kate has them too,lalacle might have claws since I know shes a fist fighter

I havent beaten the game yet, so if there are others I wouldn't know
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

=_=", I'm trying to list out the strongest characters according to class types, not making a list of all characters according to class types.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Mitsuba is the best great sword user

Lino is the best spear user

The best claw user would probably be Mizuki. Kate uses the same type of weapon as Sigurd and Sigurd is better than Kate.

Flare is the best archer, hands down. Her extremely high luck almost guarantees a critical hit.

Roget has one of the worst MAG stats out of the mages. As a matter of fact, Jeane and Simeon have the highest mage stat out of the mages, but Wendel has the highest MAG stat in the game. At level 50 it's almost 100

When it comes to axes Nalleo is better than Dario, but Dario has higher defense

I haven't really paid attention to 1h sword users, but, Snowe is probably the best at that.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

I've read from elsewhere that Snowe has pretty much moderate stats. Millay and Kenneth were considered to edge Snowe with their Shield abilities.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Since I have all three characters at level 50, I can tell you the Snowe is way better than Keneth. Millay, however, is almost as good as Snowe, but his high skill and spd, Snowe has one of the highest SPD stats in the game he even rivals - if not surpasses- Mizuki at level 50, blow Millay out of the water, even if she does have a shield.
Jeane fan

Post by Jeane fan »

I find that the unkillable characters are miles above the killable ones. The mortality rate is like around 50%, which is really high. Of course, with good strategy your characters rarely gets killed.... but a lucky random critical attack is all your need to force a reset.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Hardly. The best characters in the game are mostly killable.
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

Roget has one of the worst MAG stats out of the mages. As a matter of fact, Jeane and Simeon have the highest mage stat out of the mages, but Wendel has the highest MAG stat in the game. At level 50 it's almost 100
I just got Roget to join me. If what you say is true, then it's such a waste he has the Cyclone Rune on him. And I like his accent too. T_T. Can you confirm who has the higher MAG stat? Jeane or Simeon?
Since I have all three characters at level 50, I can tell you the Snowe is way better than Keneth. Millay, however, is almost as good as Snowe, but his high skill and spd, Snowe has one of the highest SPD stats in the game he even rivals
I take your word for it. I will be training Snowe now. How do you use him anyway? With or without Kangacorn?
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

Of course, WITHOUT a kangacorn. You wouldn't want to miss his "Ya-ya-whoo" attack. The extra 3moves from a kangacorn is almost unnecessary because of Snowe's good speed on a higher level.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i think these stuff REALLY depends on what you plan on doing with the characters.

1-H Sword
Snowe has great skill, he can take advantage of the level 3 Viper and Sword of Magic spells easily, and you can put a Kangacorn Rune on the third slot. characters that can use rides should when they start a fight so they can get around.
Millay has pretty good stats overall, but low HP to make up for it. she is pretty risky to use on a Kangacorn in Obel vs Skeleton Fists because they will critical her to death. I'd recommend a Counter Rune on her to help her survive.

Great Sword
i don't find great sword users good that useful at all. they can't get around and have poor skill. Coop has the most power but is slowest, Mitsuba has 2nd most power, is pretty fast, but can't get a 3rd spell in my game. Selma and Axel both get a 3rd spell (the Titan Rune 3rd atk is good) but only Axel has extra move but he's weaker and slower than Selma. Selma has Bulll's Eye to compliment her decent skill but you need to rely on the special attacks vs Skeletons than can Cross Counter and dodge a lot.

Spear
Eugene, but not for his spear, for his Firefly + PDF + EVA. he's extremely slow, though. Lino is slower though... terribly slow.
I think Ornela's very good with the spear because of her MAG, Sword of Magic and getting 3 rune slots. (Balance & Unicorn)

Archer
I'd go with Frederica for these reasons: ability to mount Owl (Seneca does not have), Extra Move (Flare does not have), Godspeed (Seneca does not have), and the only archer with the ability to equip Hand of God. Flare is the best choice for criticals, and the Yellow Merc has all those abilities listed except Hand of God--but he can use Ogre armor!

Mage
overall, i'd have to go with Mercenary Leader, actually. she has the highest SPD of all mages. however, she can't do Lightning Magic. then you need to turn to Maxine and Andarc. Andarc is a good tank (as well as Merc Leader and Katarina!). for highest magic after Wizard Rune and Extra Move, Simeon and Corselia fit the bill--but Simeon doesn't get the Jump ability (neither does Jeane)!! Corselia has superb evasion, one of the best in the game.

stat growth is random so if characters have the same growth potential, the final outcomes on who has higher stats will be random. also if you want actual power when doing magic spells, everyone should equip a Wizard Rune. then you need to consider both MAG and MDF to determine which mage has the highest magic. i have everyone with Wizard Runes, and with that rune, Jeane has the highest MAG. but she is slow and can't Extra Move and can't Jump.. lol

Knife
Sigurd

Claw
i find Akaghi and Champo extremely good claw users just because they are strong and can equip Hand of God. combined with the ever-useful Lion Rune (and maybe a Berserker Belt), they 1-hit kill 1-3 enemies (usually 1-2, 3 is extremely rare) while Mizuki can only target 1 enemy unless you give her a Lion Rune.. but she still can't deal the damage, only dodge a lot and counter. Counters are really weak in this game, they seem to not use Battle Lust and hit the opponent's front-side.
Wendel only has 80 in MAG in my game but that makes her a great candidate for Sword of Magic..

Axe
Nalleo, hands down. skill, power, speed, movement, power. this kid has insane growth in strength after level 30. better use a Balance Rune (or Master's Vest), as he'll be spamming his Gozz Rune attacks which all cause unbalance.
When it comes to axes Nalleo is better than Dario, but Dario has higher defense
they are about the same in defense in my game. Nalleo kicks Dario's butt
Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

I'll agree with Nalleo being the best axe user easily. I got Dario/Nalleo later in the game because I opted for Sigurd/Hervey earlier. For whatever reason, Nalleo ended up leveling up past my staple characters in only a few battles. He's now a party mainstay.

Mage-wise, I tend to rely more on elemental affiliation as opposed to raw magic power. Because of this, I try to keep mages of the most useful elements in my party. I rarely use support or status spells, so Wind and Earth mages are really out of the question for me. Andarc is a party staple because of his lightning rune, which is quite effective. I've also been using Simeon with Flowing and a Mother Earth rune. When Jeane comes along, I'll probably use her as a Thunder/Rage combo if I can. With that done, I'll probably just find a cyclone rune and throw it on Andarc so that I can control all of the elements. (Can you tell, I enjoy using mages)
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

My turn, my turn. Of course, I'm only at Haruna, but I can deal.

1-H Sword
Millay in my game so far. With a Counter Rune (increase dodge and counter rate) and Steele's Shield (+2 Parry), she's pretty much invincible.
Trishtan also for his high SPD combined with his tanking skillz. He also counters at a great rate.

Great Sword
Should I put n/a here? Mitsuba's the quickest one, so I guess I'll go with her.

Spear
Eugene for his tanking abilities. Firefly Rune also helps the damage to be concentrated at him. That way, Yu will heal only one person.
Rachel's also pretty good.

Archer
In my game, Flare definitely. Though from KFCrispy's post, I think Fredrica would knock her over once she joins. I'm all about the Extra Move skill.

Magician
I'll go with Maxine here. I don't know if she's just overleveled (she's the highest in my game at 28.), but she's pretty quick for a mage. I turned her into a Wind Mage in my game though. Equipped her with a Cyclone Robe and maxed her Wind skill. Wind of Sleep and The Shredding are just BADASS.

Knife-Thrower
We really only have Sigurd and Kate in this. I don't have Kate yet, which puts Sigurd on top automatically. :P Opinion may or may not change once I get Kate.

Claw
Wendel is a great claw-user, with insane evasion and counter-attacking skills. High SPD too. Guard also makes her much better than Mizuki, and her high MAG makes her a great Flowing Sword user. The drawbacks are that Sword of Flowing doesn't give status effects... and the death thing. XD
Champo's also a good one for the lazy ones out there. Not only does he get a bunch of helpful skills. He also needs less skill points to max them!

Axe
Nalleo, Nalleo, Nalleo. High SKL and LUK, meaning more MP, and higher Smash and Critical Hit chance. High SPD, which pretty much blows Rita away. Wind type, meaning Sword of Cyclone, meaning putting enemies to sleep! Armour and Shield Defense for defensive purposes. Just... wow!

Double Swords
Ah, who am I kidding! :P

Karl and Lalacle qualify as hand-to-hand fighters.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

highwind44029 wrote:Claw
Wendel is a great claw-user, with insane evasion and counter-attacking skills. High SPD too. Guard also makes her much better than Mizuki, and her high MAG makes her a great Flowing Sword user. The drawbacks are that Sword of Flowing doesn't give status effects... and the death thing. Champo's also a good one for the lazy ones out there. Not only does he get a bunch of helpful skills. He also needs less skill points to max them!
Champo is qualified as a claw fighter? I'm sure he uses his paws and nothing else.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

claw and paw fighters (.. lol) both can use Lion Rune. plus, paws have claws! O_o

once you've tried The Shredding, you will not turn the Cyclone Rune down! however, mages should still have a instant/quick cast spell to take care of immediate threats.

has anyone found Kika to be that useful? i think she's pretty good as a switch in for killing a tough enemy and surviving any other nearby enemies, but she is not a starter in my team because even with 6 or so in MOV, she doesn't seem to reach any enemies with my other characters around. same actually goes for Nalleo, but Nalleo has higher speed i think and 7 MOV with Godspeed.

actually, Coop also got a 3rd spell in my game. the only one with so little skill she doesn't get a 3rd is Mitsuba, so why is she rated as the best user? low skill means--high miss rate, lack of spells, lack of runeslots (but i think all of them only get up to 2 anyway). also, i find the Chameleon Rune makes it difficult to even give her items to use to boost the terrain. sure, she's faster than the others, but she's really not impressive. because you can switch, i find the best time to use Great Swords is when i can maneuver into a crowd and hit 4-7 enemies around using the 3rd spell--that automatically disqualifies Mitsuba. i actually usually opt for Coop in this situation because of his high STR, making the attack more reliably kill alll.