Equipment skill boosts

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Equipment skill boosts

Post by KFCrispy »

We know in Suikoden III, equipment skill boosts will add a skill even if you don't have that particular skill equipped (proof: put a Wizard Hat on someone without Fire or Lightning Magic skill, look at them with that rune chosen in a rune shop). Do equipment skill modifers add to non-existant skills in this game? Several characters can get Ranger/Sniper Gloves and don't have Bull's Eye/Sniper skill. There is also a Battle Bracelet, +2 to Cross Counter. i'm particularly interested in seeing if that actually adds the Cross Counter (level D) to anyone wearing it.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

well the elemental robes raise the skill of whatever they represent

corselia has her water magic up to an A{in my game} when you equip the flowing rob, but then if you look at her "status" either in battle or the caravan menu, her water skill is seen as an S rank

its the exact same thing as suikoden 3

so im preety sure elemental robes are classified as "equipment"

meaning it is indeed the same as suikoden 3
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

That's not really what he was asking; he was asking about raising skills that the character doesn't have. Someone besides Carl and Lalacle equipping the Battle Bracelet to see if they can use Cross Counter, for example.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

only problem is i have only been seeing regular counters. i guess i should disable that skill, since it's level B/A/S while the item only gives cross counter D, and i'm assuming counter has priority (it seems that dodge occurance is calculated/performed before parry)
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Equipment skill boosts

Post by KFCrispy »

another thing to test...