[FAQ] Guild Quest: X & Co. vs. Chiepoo

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
Wicked_Rune_Bearer

[FAQ] Guild Quest: X & Co. vs. Chiepoo

Post by Wicked_Rune_Bearer »

I asked this on bankrupting chiepoo but no one will anwser me? Ok people say if you do 1 x and co you can't get the mercs but I don't think that's entirely true and I just want some people to clear this up for me tell me if it's possissble or not.

Ok I was scaning through the strategy guide and I notice that it said you can give chiepoo a boost if you mess up the x and co missions. Well before I really knew what I was doing I completed 1 for x and co and just the other day I messed up one of cheipoos because the guide didn't give a descripton and I thouhe it could be completed by anyone. So

Not actuall numbers nor statisics just an example
say you did x and co completed 1 messed up 9
cheipoo completed 9 messed up 1

instead of it being 100% and getting the mercs it would be like 180% wouldn't it so you should still be able to right? Can someone please clear this up.

Yes i know my avatar is ugly and too big I'm on the verge of fixing it
A rpg-suikoden site that lets you choose your character and basically play suikoden on your computer as if it was on your ps console
http://z14.invisionfree.com/Suikoden_Legends
killey

Post by killey »

OK while I don't understand what percentages have to do with it, and the fact that you buggered up one of Chiepoo's quests may have ruined it but here it is:

In my game Chiepoo's wearing the fancy clothes, Champo and Nalkul are singing his praises and I haven't done any of the X and Co quests. However, I also haven't done one of Chiepoo's quests, where he is asking for five prime gold ores or whatever it is. Which means there is an extra quest.

Unless of course Chiepoo can get more successful? At the moment he's selling Platinum armour, is that the best he sells? Anyway, all may not be lost for you Wicked.
Mintalia

Post by Mintalia »

If you screw up on of X & Co's missions, it helps Chiepoo's business. So hew screwed up all of the X & Co missions (except one) and completed all of Chiepoo's missions (except one).

I haven't gotten that far, but I think you should still be able to get the mercenaries. Try checking Chiepoo's business... if he's all rich-looking and has lots of good items, you'll probably be able to get them.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

if you screw over Chiepoo after you've gotten the Mercs, does his shop downgrade to have a few items only?
Geddoe

Post by Geddoe »

I just started the game and am fairly early in, my question is, how do you mess up a quest? Let time run out or what? I am curious about this.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

its very simple, there are 2 kinds of quest

1. dispatch{send a non story character}
2.do it yourself{go to the place and do what your told}

on dispatch missions,simply send a character that you know cannot complete that quest and wait for that quest to expire,after it expires go back to the quest guild and choose the"report"option and you will see all the quest that you are currently signed up for, choose that dispatch quest and your character will come back and report that they failed or succeded

2. these missions usually come with a time limit, choose to do the mission and then just walk or sail around the map and then go back when the time limit has expired and you wil have succesfully failed,sometimes the mission has no time limit,in which case its usually imposible to fail
Ezekiel

Post by Ezekiel »

And if you're curiosu who to send to botch a mission, check the post for the Quest requirements. Just send someone that doesn't meet the standards. Better safe than sorry, so check for peopel when sending them to help Chiepoo. This way, it's fool proof.
Kobold

Post by Kobold »

What if i completed 1 X & co mission but still completed all of Chiepoo's? Will that be bad?m I went ahead and botch a few of X&co's missions in hopes of rectifying that mistake...
Long time lurker...
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i think the requirement is only doing all Chiepoo quests, unless the Mercs and X & Co are related somehow. they don't seem to be related, and the only reason you need to help Chiepoo most of the time is because his quests involve the Mercs trying to "dey-take-my-jiob!!" (Southpark refernence.. so the only thing you probably need to do is be able to do all Chiepoo quests (since they don't come if you helped X & Co too much)
Ezekiel

Post by Ezekiel »

KFCrispy wrote:i think the requirement is only doing all Chiepoo quests, unless the Mercs and X & Co are related somehow. they don't seem to be related, and the only reason you need to help Chiepoo most of the time is because his quests involve the Mercs trying to "dey-take-my-jiob!!" (Southpark refernence.. so the only thing you probably need to do is be able to do all Chiepoo quests (since they don't come if you helped X & Co too much)
Dey-dook-dur-dobs! haha, excellent. I've noticed as I continue to botch X&Co., and help Chiepoo, X& Co is giving me new quests, to try and salvage their business. Like, the beauty quest. All you have to do is send an adult female.

So I sent Dario :P
"Your father's dead....he passed in his sleep.
And I woke to the sounds of her crying."

-The Light & The Glass
Wicked_Rune_Bearer

Post by Wicked_Rune_Bearer »

You know I gave up on trying to get the mercs the first play through I mean I got tired of going through the rage chamber looking for that darn egg which by the way can someone tell me how do you get it . Do you have to accept the mission first or what. Now I'm trying to get them along with Lalacle and Eugene who I acciedently missed the 1st time. Darn I wish there was more charcters :(
A rpg-suikoden site that lets you choose your character and basically play suikoden on your computer as if it was on your ps console
http://z14.invisionfree.com/Suikoden_Legends
Ezekiel

Post by Ezekiel »

Wicked_Rune_Bearer wrote:You know I gave up on trying to get the mercs the first play through I mean I got tired of going through the rage chamber looking for that darn egg which by the way can someone tell me how do you get it . Do you have to accept the mission first or what. Now I'm trying to get them along with Lalacle and Eugene who I acciedently missed the 1st time. Darn I wish there was more charcters :(

You get Lalacle automatically.
"Your father's dead....he passed in his sleep.
And I woke to the sounds of her crying."

-The Light & The Glass
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Once you accept the Rage Dragon Egg quest, simply enter the Obel Ruins and you will be taken to the Rage Chamber immediately. Like Blue Savage Sprout Flower and other unique items, you must accept the quest first.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Dey-dook-dur-dobs! haha, excellent. I've noticed as I continue to botch X&Co., and help Chiepoo, X& Co is giving me new quests, to try and salvage their business. Like, the beauty quest. All you have to do is send an adult female.

So I sent Dario :P
I havent done 1 x and co quest at all,I just focus on doing all of chiepoo's quest and god is it worth it!

chiepoos got a nice blue suit now and I can go buy awsome elemental robes!

but anyway,my point is I didnt do any x and co missions and yet they still send me new missions everytime I do missions for chiepoo
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yeah i see those too. and i have the robes. but i'm not willing to find out in the end. there's been plenty of discussion on it and here's what i'm thinking: maybe special S Rank Chiepoo quests (which involve mercs) only appear once his business is high enough. so that's probably why we need to follow these guidelines -_-