[FAQ] Guild Quest: X & Co. vs. Chiepoo

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
Humphrey

Post by Humphrey »

it means you won't be able to bank rupt him from the point you are at if you want i suggest start over.......or just beat the game then new game +......... seems better
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Every stage of Chiepoo's business opens up new quests for both Chiepoo and X. So, yes, you can't complete all possible quests if Chiepoo's business doesn't enter all available stages throughout a single game.

You don't have to complete ALL of Chiepoo's quests, but you do need to complete most of them to unlock alll of X's quests.
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

awww so i cant bankrupt chiepoo, are you serious? i only did like 3, that sucks. How is it possible to bankrupt him then. If you have to do all his quest to get all the bad ones wouldn't they just balance themselves out
HolyPaladin

Post by HolyPaladin »

kenshindono wrote:awww so i cant bankrupt chiepoo, are you serious? i only did like 3, that sucks. How is it possible to bankrupt him then. If you have to do all his quest to get all the bad ones wouldn't they just balance themselves out
Yes, you can still bankrupt Chiepoo. All you have to do is get him very rich so that you can recruit the Mercs, then do the X & Co. Missions to bankrupt him.
Last edited by HolyPaladin on Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Showcasing Q here because he's the man! 8) Er, robot. :oops: Wait, cyborg...? :? OK, just what is Q, anyway?!
Oh, and please call me Paladin for short.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i'm curious if X & Co's Revenge weighs more than the others to bankrupt Chiepoo, and/or if it's necessary to do. it sounds very important!
Magus Eternal

Post by Magus Eternal »

I know Chiepoo was at stage 2 (Where he sells the Elemental Robes) and I completed X & Co.'s Revenge and he was dropped to stage 0 (The poor house Chiepoo). So that one quest seems to effect Chiepoo more than the others.
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

well i bankrupted his ass. at least im pretty sure he is. Hes in rags and selling hunter orbs

i still dont know where i go for the x and co shops though. I heard they sell some decent stuff too but i have yet to see a shop
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i think they're actually based in Middleport but you don't shop there i don't think.
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

hmm.. so you dont actually get anything for doing the x and co quests? i thought i read somewhere you do get a few good orbs or something.
Magus Eternal

Post by Magus Eternal »

By bankrupting Chiepoo he will start selling some rare Orbs. The Silence Rune in particular is only found at Chiepoo's shop as far as I know (I haven't found it any where else). So by doing X & Co.'s quests you can get rare orbs, but it's sort of indirectly. But you can make Chiepoo rich, get the four mercenaries, and buy all of the good stuff from Chiepoo. Then afterwards you could bankrupt Chiepoo and buy the orbs. So you can do all, but 1 Guild Quest in the game. You would have to choose between either Product Recall or Savage Sprout Attack (Since you have to fail Product Recall to get Savage Sprout Attack to show up).
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

no, you can bankrupt Chiepoo without doing the quests related to Product Recall. once he's in the hole, doing the Product Recall, failing and successufully doing the last quest might bump him up, but i doubt it, because Product Recall did not help him when i successfully completed it. i also might have had 1 more X & Co. quest i did not do yet. but X & Co's Revenge is probably very important to do in order to get him bankrupt to begin with.

i don't remember which quest starts this chain. it could be Delivery to the island, or a quest asking for Savage Sprouts with a delivery quest to the merchant(?) on the island after that. then Product Recall and you fail Product Recall to get the last quest. then you can probably do every X & Co. quest remaining to bankrupt him.
Magus Eternal

Post by Magus Eternal »

I know, what I meant was you could complete all but 1 quest in one play-through. I didn't mean that you had to complete the Savage Sprout sequence to bankrupt Chiepoo. In fact just the one quest (X & Co.'s Revenge) is almost enough to do it by itself. I was just stating that you could complete the positive quests first, get the mercenaries, and then do the X & Co. Quests. Sorry if I worded it wrong to make it sound like you had to do all the X & Co. Quests. I was just saying you could get all the Potch and Skill Points from those quests if you wanted to. Also for the record I believe the actual Savage Sprout Attack gives you a better reward then Product Recall.
ComeBackKid

Post by ComeBackKid »

I'm probably missing this somewhere, but the only time I play tactics, I didn't bother to pay attention to the quests or anything. But, other than getting better items from Chiepoo either doing really well or bankrupt, what is the point of doing either quest?

In the past two months I finished playing 1 - 4 getting everything so now I want to finish tactics as complete as possible before moving onto 5.
Buff

Post by Buff »

the point of doing it, is to make chiepoo rich. and when he is rich means you have defeated the mercs a lot. when all that is done they will send you a quild quests saying to meet them in the flowing chamber for a final battle. when you beat them there, they join you.
dragons_descent4

Re: [FAQ] Guild Quest: X & Co. vs. Chiepoo

Post by dragons_descent4 »

So I got all of the mackerel but when I try to sell it to him it's faded out and won't let me do it....I'm in chapter 10 now,do I have to wait or does Chiepoo seriously not want my business?
"Now we can fight to our hearts' content."
"Too bad I have to fight with you."
- Viktor and Flik

Into dark humor? Check out my upcoming webseries!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Morb ... 1697490455