[FAQ] Guild Quest: X & Co. vs. Chiepoo

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
Antimatzist

Re: [FAQ] Guild Quest: X & Co. vs. Chiepoo

Post by Antimatzist »

You have to deliver them at the quest guild.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Personally I love helping X & Co for only one reason. I hate Chiepoo's "fancy" clothes. They look totally ridiculous. In rags he looks better in my opinion he looks a pretty badass merchant in them. But I have to tolerate them in order to recruit the mercenaries unfortunately.

Anyway, I feel like I messed things up now. I've done every X & Co's available mission (except X & Co revenge) just to get the pleasure seeing Chiepoo in rags. But now I want to help Chiepoo so I can get the mercs. I'm to the point where I got the Blue Savage Flower or however it's called. But after it I don't see any new Chiepoo's missions. Did I mess it up now?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Yep, you need to do it in the reverse order. First, only help him, recruit the merchants, then put him into rags. I once had a sheet to see who has better stuff to sell, poor or rich Chiepoo, and I think his rich self has better equipment (the poor one sells iirc a hunte rorb which is not too useful).
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

You know, despite his poverty, Chiepoo is now very happy about your failure to recruit the mercenaries. No problem, there's always a NG+. Just tell yourself "I'll be back, but then with more patience to do it in the correct order..." :P
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Wolkendrache wrote:You know, despite his poverty, Chiepoo is now very happy about your failure to recruit the mercenaries. No problem, there's always a NG+. Just tell yourself "I'll be back, but then with more patience to do it in the correct order..." :P
Damn. Actually now he is in his normal clothes. Didn't know I have to do it in this order. Yeah sure but I hate like hell Quests especially when I have to visit Obel's Ruins 100 times. Fortunately I believe I have lots of items like Elemental Fragments and such stuff so I don't have to visit Ruins frequently next time, so I can reach S Rank.

Antimatzist wrote:Yep, you need to do it in the reverse order. First, only help him, recruit the merchants, then put him into rags. I once had a sheet to see who has better stuff to sell, poor or rich Chiepoo, and I think his rich self has better equipment (the poor one sells iirc a hunte rorb which is not too useful).
Sure he sells better stuff, but one thing is certain. Chiepoo lacks taste in his outfits. :|