[FAQ] Mount System

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

When do we get the beasts?
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Giant Owl (Red): Protect the town from bandits! (E rank)
Kangacorn (Armored): Seeking Guard for Merceto (D rank)

You get the others through the story.
You can have 3 each by the end of the game.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

from my experience, the armored and unarmored Kangacorns add the same MOV bonus and STR bonus. The STR bonus seems to be % based so it's really boosting my Eugene while Trishtan and others are left in the dust. I have to figure out the numbers sometime because it seems really freakish how much more powerful Eugene is than the others (although he DOES have the Razril Knight Token, but naturally he still has almost 10 more STR than Trishtan, who's 1 level behind).. maybe there are affinities with mounts??
they both have a jump penalty as well

Kangacorn - speed bonus
Armored Kangacorn - PDF bonus
Wicked_Rune_Bearer

Post by Wicked_Rune_Bearer »

Do you think that these kangacorns are what teo mcdhol was using when he used his armored attack I mean you say there from the toran area and if I remember correctly those things do look kinda simliar.
A rpg-suikoden site that lets you choose your character and basically play suikoden on your computer as if it was on your ps console
http://z14.invisionfree.com/Suikoden_Legends
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

no,its been said that those animals teo used were called gul horses{or something like that} and that they were only native to toran, in other words...only toran has the animals teo used
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

really? the green horse-like creature Hugo and Thomas use in Suikoden 3 look like gul horses...

anyway, does someone have the stats of the mounts? i've seen it posted somewhere...... also, list what skills cannot be used (it was explained when you first got a mount)--Battle Lust definitely isn't used, i think Parry? Missile Deflect?
yeb

Post by yeb »

Someone say stats?

Kangacorns: +3 MOV, JMP = 1
Normal kangacorn: +50% STR, +10% SPD... -30% EVA
Armored Kangacorn: +50% STR, +30% PDF... -30% EVA
Useable by 1h sword, spear and missile weapon users.

Owls: +2 MOV, JMP = 4 (dunno if that has any effect for the owls)
Red/Blue Giant Owl: +30% STR, +30% EVA, +30% SPD... -30% PDF
White Giant Owl (Armored): +30% STR, +30% EVA... -10% PDF
Useable by 1h sword, spear, and most archers (not Seneca). Archers have their range increased by 1 while on an owl.

Bonuses from equipment that affect attributes will also be multiplied. It always rounds the final stat down.

All that the game says is that "defensive skills" can't be used. I'm pretty sure that includes Parry, Shield Defense and Guard, possibly Armor Defense and Deflect Missiles as well. I know Dodge and Mind's Eye work, though.

There's one other small drawback: whenever you mount/dismount, your next turn will be slightly delayed. It's just one of many things that affects turn order though, and the extra speed from some mounts can balance it out (or maybe even improve your delay).
-yeb
Serpent

Post by Serpent »

does the colors of the owls do anything besides give them looks?
You can close your eyes from reality but not memories.
Riou Genkaku

Post by Riou Genkaku »

If the original name of the kangacorns in Japanese directly translates to "horse with horn", then it's not even as accurate as the English version. A horse with a horn is a unicorn. The kangacorns clearly aren't horses, they're like kangaroos with the horn of a unicorn. Hence kangacorn.
"Oink like a pig."
"Oink! Oink!"
"Hahahaha! Die pig!"
*slash*