How can you keep Kyril under level 30 before the final battle?

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

How can you keep Kyril under level 30 before the final battle?

Post by Sasarai10 »

Unfortunately he's Level 34 now which means he's too much for battle against Iskas....and problem is he gains lots of EXP when he fights against Martin solo.
gildedtalon

Re: How can you keep Kyril under level 30 before the final battle?

Post by gildedtalon »

You don't have to, it's like I told you.

For the final battle, I deploy 2 useless super low leveled characters. It is enough for me.
Make sure the 2 useless super low leveled characters are spreading their element beads and they must stay in their element at all times. These two also should never come to harm at all times

If you lose a unit, you will never get S rank no matter how good you perform :|
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

gildedtalon wrote:You don't have to, it's like I told you.

For the final battle, I deploy 2 useless super low leveled characters. It is enough for me.
Make sure the 2 useless super low leveled characters are spreading their element beads and they must stay in their element at all times. These two also should never come to harm at all times

If you lose a unit, you will never get S rank no matter how good you perform :|

Biggest problem in last battle is this f*****g Rune Cannon that messes up the whole terrain.

And it doesn't follow a certain partner so I'd know how I'm gonna move...it's totally random.

Still, weren't you supposed to be at an average lower level compared with average enemy's level?
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Sasarai10 wrote:Biggest problem in last battle is this f*****g Rune Cannon that messes up the whole terrain.

And it doesn't follow a certain partner so I'd know how I'm gonna move...it's totally random.

Still, weren't you supposed to be at an average lower level compared with average enemy's level?
You don't have to move those two useless characters, it's really easy to stay out of the terrains that get changed by the rune cannon. Even if they get caught in it, you just have to change the terrain or move somewhere else again, it doesn't really matter

Well if you use incredibly low level characters, someone you never use throughout the whole game, it will be alright. They just rack up ungodly amount of experience

Iskas is also made easy if you have the S rank item from Small Border Village, it boosts your accuracy so high, I just use Frederica to normal attack Iskas, almost guaranteed hit everytime

Lastly, turn count doesn't matter, you can waste a lot of turns switching in low level characters to rack up experience. If it matters, it only happens because you haven't killed enough enemies so the enemies are wasting a lot of turns

If you want, I can give you my emulator save, so you all will understand what I'm talking about

When I tried to record, PCSX2 goes in such a slow motion that I often fall asleep :oops:
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

gildedtalon wrote: You don't have to move those two useless characters, it's really easy to stay out of the terrains that get changed by the rune cannon. Even if they get caught in it, you just have to change the terrain or move somewhere else again, it doesn't really matter

Well if you use incredibly low level characters, someone you never use throughout the whole game, it will be alright. They just rack up ungodly amount of experience

Iskas is also made easy if you have the S rank item from Small Border Village, it boosts your accuracy so high, I just use Frederica to normal attack Iskas, almost guaranteed hit everytime

Lastly, turn count doesn't matter, you can waste a lot of turns switching in low level characters to rack up experience. If it matters, it only happens because you haven't killed enough enemies so the enemies are wasting a lot of turns

If you want, I can give you my emulator save, so you all will understand what I'm talking about

When I tried to record, PCSX2 goes in such a slow motion that I often fall asleep :oops:

Really? Weren't you supposed to be as fast as possible and stay on your terrain as often as possible?

And yeah I have this item from Small Border Village but Frederica is 33 unfortunately. And only Gary and Ema are Level 20. All others are Level 24 or above.

Anyway I believe it's easier to defeat Iskas in his Master form...like if you take out 4-5 fish Monsters then beat Iskas...it won't last lots of turns, right?

And I don't use emulator by the way...for some reason I was never keen of it...
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Sasarai10 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:18 pm Unfortunately he's Level 34 now which means he's too much for battle against Iskas....and problem is he gains lots of EXP when he fights against Martin solo.
I picked up my S ranking playthrough and just finished the first battle at the Imperial City of Graska. Kyril is still under lv 30. Fighting Martin was a little tough, requiring plenty of good gear including S Rank items. Also, Martin is lv 32 and about 50% of the time will have enough SKL for a 3rd spell-- he gets to use Sword of Rage which is pretty devastating-- but you can retry to re-roll his stats!

After the duel with Martin, you can technically have Kyril do absolutely nothing until the very final duel to keep his current level.