[Guide] Items from battles

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

[Guide] Items from battles

Post by Wolkendrache »

ST_Items_from_battles.xlsx
1st page: list of story battles and items
2nd page: list of quest battles and items
3rd page: list of special battles (e.g. character recruitments) and items
4th page: list of optional battles (monster hunting & Obel Ruins) and items
5th page: recommended order of battles in a S rank run

If you find errors or missing stuff or if you have questions, please comment.
Hope it's helpful! Enjoy playing!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Re: [Guide] Items from battles

Post by Sasarai10 »

Sorry for being annoying about my Obel Ruins questions, but all that's left is Thunder, Flowing and Cyclone chamber.
I'm before meeting Simeon and average level of my characters is 18-23. Is it worthwhile to give it a go? Without leveling up too much? I want to finish off Cyclone mostly. I didn't find anything. Anyone who has finished it with an S rank?

I'm in a NG+ of course.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

If you really only want to S Rank it for S Ranking purpose, don't do it. If you want to dig items and get chests, it's probably worth a try. Clearing the chambers late game makes the good armor and equipment you'll get worthless because you can't really put them to good use. I don't think overleveling is a major point, even your best characters should still be able to get lots of EXP in these chambers and you have some low-level characters who can gatehr EXP in later battles.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

You should worry about the S rank item from Haruna. The enemies' average level is 22-23. Focus on that S rank item in case you don't have it yet. It's a useful item, the best one for a mage.
Then, and I agree to Antimatzist, the chest and dig items from the elemental chambers are more useful than their S rank items, so get the latter later.

No matter if you're attempting S rank or not, try this:
- Use only water characters in Flowing chamber. Equip salads. Yu can be useful here. Else use Lalacle, Wendel, Mizuki, Corselia, Flare, Sigurd, and maybe Mercenary Leader or Simeon. And Noah, but not for S rank.
- Use mostly wind characters in Cyclone chamber. From my memory, I'd say Cyclone is the easiest chamber. Use Lazlo, Kika, Nalleo, Dario (but only with a Windspun Armor), Seneca + Andarc, Ameria, Roget, Paula. And Noah, but not for S rank.
- Not enough good lightning characters, so use a mixed party in Thunder chamber, but maybe no water characters. Ornela + Busk, Kate, Andarc + Seneca, Jeremy + Millay + Trishtan, Akagi, Nalkul, Champo, Frederica, Yellow Mercenary, ... And Noah, but not for S rank.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

I got "S" rank from Haruna. I can't believe how easy it's in NG+. I got every single "S" item by my first try. Although the next battle (perhaps it's the one with destroying the Rune Cannons, right?) worries me.

- I don't have the Mercenaries yet, but now that you mention it, in order to recruit them you have to go to the Flowing Chamber right? It might be a good chance to get "S" Rank here. It sounds easier. I don't recall if there's a Dragon along with the mercenaries there too.
- Really? I thought Fire is better. But I use 1-2 Wind characters because of the Fly Lizards (if it has).
- Well I haven't recruit Busk/Ornela and Kate yet....but Thunder was tough as nails as far as I remember. There you had to deal with Flying Lizards again. If there were no such Lizards perhaps Earth might be better.

Also from what I've noticed Elemental Dragons tend to be more vulnerable to Magic (except Punishment Magic). Or not?
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Wolkendrache wrote:
If you find errors or missing stuff or if you have questions, please comment.
Hope it's helpful! Enjoy playing!

In the battle against Sigurd in one of the crates you can find a Robe. In the right one particularly. The other one's Medicine I think? Not 100% sure about it though.

Someone can verify it?

Also is it possible to Dig or Steal items in maps you visited, before recruiting Rene and Noah?

I want to focus on Dig and Steal in my 3rd Playthrough and get the rest of unique items.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Anybody remember what the 3 crates have in the Cedric's sidequest?
I think one of those have Mega medicine.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i believe the crates are random items, and nothing worth nothing.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

KFCrispy wrote:i believe the crates are random items, and nothing worth nothing.
Oh yeah...never found any special armor or something...but in Nalkul/Champo/Noah sidequest they are pretty useful for gaining EXP, since they are level 17.

And by the way I notice you can't dig up any items in sidequests...only in story battles or optional battles when you hunt monsters.

And another question...is there any difference between Crabmeat and Crab Bun? I don't remember getting any Crabmeat before.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Add "Savage Sprout Attack" as well.

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... 40&t=13233

It's a "B" Rank quest and there are no digable items. You can steal the same items from Fire Orb/Furball/Savage Sprout though. And obviously Razril Knight Token if you get "S" rank for the first time there.

Oh and by the way, I found there is another chest in Rage Chamber when you fight against mercenaries. It has a Rage Robe inside.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Thanks, I'll add it soon!