In which days Savage Sprouts appear?

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

In which days Savage Sprouts appear?

Post by Sasarai10 »

Sometimes there is only one but sometimes 2. How can I get two? I need those Savage Sprout Seeds, for the quest before it expires. :|
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Re: In which days Savage Sprouts appear?

Post by Wolkendrache »

They don't appear on particular days of the week, they appear on particular map configurations.
Each monster hunting area has 4 different configurations. Terana Plains: There are Savage Sprouts on 3 of the 4 configurations. One config with 1 Sprout and two configs with 2 Sprouts. Xasta Plains: Sprouts on 3 of 4 configs as well. One config with 1, another one with 3, and a third with 5 Sprouts. Both Terana and Xasta have 1 config without Sprouts each, but you have a better chance of encountering themon the Xasta Plains.
If you land on a config you don't like, try reloading. If that doesn't help, clear the stage and try again. Often times this switches the config (I've noticed that in the Obel Ruins).
Take care not to accept quests too early. Do one by one: Accept, finish; accept next, finish; and so on...
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Aha, I see thanks!

I lost one quest already (Water fragment or something), but since your history carries on it's fine so I don't have to do all the other quests again on a New Game+ again.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Sorry, you have to do all the quests again in NG+ :P
If you're planning ahead for NG+, then it's a good idea to gather more items for quests because items carry over. So don't sell fur pelts, ostrich eggs, giant bird feathers, frog skins, elemental fragments, and so on. On NG+ just accept these quests, hand over the items, done.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Wolkendrache wrote:Sorry, you have to do all the quests again in NG+ :P
If you're planning ahead for NG+, then it's a good idea to gather more items for quests because items carry over. So don't sell fur pelts, ostrich eggs, giant bird feathers, frog skins, elemental fragments, and so on. On NG+ just accept these quests, hand over the items, done.
What? Don't completed quests appear in your Quest History in a NG+?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I think it does, but your guild rank does not.

Also, failing a quest isn't so important; don't they reappear?
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

I guess the quest history is just some kind of archive list you can use as referende/help in your NG+, that's all.

NG+: Your quest rank will be reset back to E! All quests will reappear! If you want to raise your quest rank you have to complete the quests again!
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Antimatzist wrote:I think it does, but your guild rank does not.

Also, failing a quest isn't so important; don't they reappear?

Nope I think you lose them.
Wolkendrache wrote:I guess the quest history is just some kind of archive list you can use as referende/help in your NG+, that's all.

NG+: Your quest rank will be reset back to E! All quests will reappear! If you want to raise your quest rank you have to complete the quests again!
Yeah no problem it was a low rank quest. So I don't have to wait till I go to A or S
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Are you sure? Many quests re-appear; at least I think they do very often. Back when there were no guides, I tried these weapon instructor quests soooo many times and they always reappeared.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Antimatzist wrote:Are you sure? Many quests re-appear; at least I think they do very often. Back when there were no guides, I tried these weapon instructor quests soooo many times and they always reappeared.
'
Maybe it works only on dispatch quests?