Catching Cedric Always Rank C?

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
Juan

Catching Cedric Always Rank C?

Post by Juan »

I even use mount and use Trishtan since his speed is the same as Cedric but I always get Rank C and I also use the switch and it just went Rank B even though in my first turn I catch him. Anyone got a Rank S on this challenge?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Catching Cedric Always Rank C?

Post by KFCrispy »

i remember discussions about how much damage was being done to Cedric for this quest. so it might be that if you do minimal damage to Cedric, you get a higher rank. if you can start over, try a really weak attack - not sure if you have Hunter Rune (you get it later in the game i believe) but that would be great.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

but the post I saw mentioned about dealing as much damage as possible without killing him to get rank s
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Juan

Post by Juan »

I hit him with flame arrow and my Maxine is level 7 and it deal 50 damage and when I try to hit him in the front it deal 0 damage and that 50 damage get me a Rank B. I will try again with other attacks.

EDIT: Figured out how to have a Rank S on this mission. :mrgreen:
Character Use:
Tristhan Level 9 - No equipment only earth bead and rune attach.
Pablo Level 9 - No equipment and lightning rune attach.
Millay Level 9 - No equipment only fire bead and no rune attach.
Andarc Level 14 - I have equip him with Archmage's Robe and Bangle but it doesn't matter since that equipment have no additional on his magic. I think he just should have a 22 magic and lightning rune attach.

Steps:
1. Use Tristhan first and mount him with the Kangacorn place him from the right side of Kyril.
2. Start the battle and Tristhan will move first place him the the very northeast. That's on his backward to the right then use earth bead.
3. After all the characters have their turn (doesn't matter where you place Kyril) the two boat will meet on the very top. Place Tristhan on the second boat (the boat before the other platform). Switch to Pablo and use the Thunder Runner on the box in the middle. This will hit the three boxes.
4. After all characters have their turn again the boat where Pablo is on will move then after Pablo turn switch him with Millay and mount him with the Kangacorn. Move him out the boat and place him to the farthest she can go then use fire bead.
5. After all characters have their turn again move again Millay. In this situation I only equip her with 1 fire bead so I just move her to the farthest she can go and stand by her. I never try to cast another fire bead using her since I got Rank S already. Didn't know if it will affect her turn anyway in her place she is near already with Cedric and she is mounted on the Kangacorn.
6. On your last turn and Cedric is near you switch Millay with Andarc and use the Thunder Runner on Cedric. Put the cursor directly to Cedric and it will damage him a lot but don't kill him. in my playthrough I even managed him to have a fire on his head.

Thanks to suikosource and the vids that I watch from YouTube that give me an idea on how to get Rank S on this mission. :mrgreen:
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

you think it's based on how quickly you catch him then?
Juan

Post by Juan »

KFCrispy wrote:you think it's based on how quickly you catch him then?
At first that what I thought but when I damage him with Thunder Runner my rank became A and the damage you deal with enemies in the battle also affects your rank. Plus the three boxes that Pablo destroy contribute in your ranking since he is a low level and the boxes if I remember is level 11 so big exp gain + big damage = Rank S I think.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I think we can conclude that it is indeed about dealing as much damage as possible to Cedric without killing him
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

this is old, but here's a demo: https://youtu.be/TOsuZqvHtnk