The S rank journey

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Re: The S rank journey

Post by Wolkendrache »

The balance rune only makes sense if you have troubles with the unbalance status. The unbalance status only causes trouble if you give the enemy the chance to attack you. So rather than replacing the gale rune with a balance rune, better improve your strategies to avoid damage.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

^That's not possible, I rely on Unicorn and Hawk so much to get past floor 4 and 5 fast and safe, safe so I can always wait for another turn to get the next floor configuration I want. I don't see the point on using Gale, Ornela is always the fastest. She just needs this Balance orb to spam her Unicorn rune everywhere
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Wolkendrache wrote:you can get the mercenaries before getting Simeon
Is this for real, man? The earliest I get the mercenaries to join is always after Small Border Village

source: http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 14#p150614

Yes, Maxine is the only mage who starts at Jump 2 unless you count Lazlo who also starts at Jump 2. Both characters can learn Jump
Only the X&Co.'s quests are left

Reposting this since no one has answered before

What happens if we get enough people to max skill rank to S but then we decide to kill them all, does that mean you are no longer allowed to level up any skill to S rank? :shock:
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Try it out.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

gildedtalon wrote:
Wolkendrache wrote:you can get the mercenaries before getting Simeon
Is this for real, man? The earliest I get the mercenaries to join is always after Small Border Village
If you successfully do all quests (except X&Co) available up to that point (before Haruna), you'll reach quest rank S. I guess that's the only requirement. Iirc I recruited them immediately after the battle of Haruna, but only because I feared overleveling my characters in that quest battle.
gildedtalon wrote:What happens if we get enough people to max skill rank to S but then we decide to kill them all, does that mean you are no longer allowed to level up any skill to S rank? :shock:
Even if you don't get a reward for recruiting all characters and letting no one die, I would always recruit everyone and never let a single one die. I don't know the answer to your question, but it's absolutely irrelevant to me.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I got the result, all the skills are still increasable to level S even if you kill all the killable characters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkHFuBBBzp4
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I wonder if Antimatzist will ever record a Suikoden Tactics playthrough
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

gildedtalon wrote:I wonder if Antimatzist will ever record a Suikoden Tactics playthrough
:roll:

I'm pretty busy at the moment with work and play SUikogaiden for the first time in my free time. I'll try to get my hand on playing Tactics soonish, but I don't know if my computer can handle the PS2 emulator and recording.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I thought you said you'll be recording from PS2, not emulator
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I'd have to buy an adapter then which I'll probably won't for only recording one game. I'll see what's possible.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Still haven't started recording, Antimatzist? More than a full month has passed :oops:
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

So I tried this month to record it from my emulator, with two problems.

1. The emulator starts crashing after some time with the game running, this seems to be an emulation error. I'd have to test out different setups to make it run smoothly. I tried it thrice, and it crashed three times after some time passed, ouch. I had no problems playing Suikoden IV even with the emulator running for hours, though, but PS2 emulation seems to be pretty difficult.

2. My recording software doesn't recognize the emulator window so I cannot record it properly. I have to play full screen and record the whole monitor which is not the coolest way to do it.

I think I'll have to buy an adapter and record straight from my PS2, I don't know when I'll be able to do it.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

1.If it crashes on the book screen, I set "skip FMVs" on the emulator settings
2.Usually, the recording software I use lets me use a selection box, then I just have to adjust/resize it so it fits with the emulator screen
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

No, it crashes randomly. First on the language selection screen when I tried to adjust my recording stuff. Then during the second battle.

My recording software works perfectly fine with my PSX emulator but there is some kind off error. The software recognizes the windows by their name, but my emulator changes the name of the window constantly, so it can't adjust.

I might try out other things, but there is not that much good recording software available and I still don't know what causes the emulation problem.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

If you remember my thread a year ago, you offered me your emulator settings that worked perfectly for you.
So you lost that emulator?

http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 40&t=13825