Obel Ruins Question

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Obel Ruins Question

Post by wataru14 »

Does anyone know of a cheat code that will allow you to skip the first five floors of the Obel Ruins and just enter the elemental chambers? I've reached the point in my playthrough where, besides the final battle(s), I have nothing left to do except safari through the ruins (and complete the accompanying Guild Quests), and I am really not looking forward to wasting time trying to navigate the five generic floors. The last time I played the game I just gave up and went to the Patriarchal Facility because the repetition completely turned me off to playing the game any further.
sticky-runes

Re: Obel Ruins Question

Post by sticky-runes »

Some of the guild quests do place you right in the final chamber without having to go through all levels.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

I used 3 unkillable characters (Ornela + Busk + Frederica/Flare) on owls and headed straight for the exit (no other characters, because they just waste time). If you're in a NG+ and have the Iskas Bracelet, give it to one of them. The first 2 floors are no problem, in the third you sometimes have to withdraw one of them. In the fourth have all owls fly the same route, either south or north over the gap, so some lizards can't reach you and the enemies on one platform cannot kill all 3 of you. Floor 5 is dangerous, if you want to try to be lucky with owls, leave 1 more unkillable character at the entrance to be able to retry in case the owls fail. Even if you play floor 5 normally, you already reduced the time to get there dramatically.
If repetition turns you off rather than time, just try out other characters and unite attacks and experiment a little with other strategies etc.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

I've tried Cedric and owls and all that an it all turns out the same. Cedric gets surrounded. Even if the enemies can't hit him, he just spends a million turns dodging and not moving forward. And Fly Lizards put everyone to sleep. All the time. The fact that you need to beat the game to get an item that prevents sleep is ridiculous. And that you only get one of them.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

I didn't use Cedric.
Without the Iskas Bracelet you could give the 3 owl riders salads, and since everyone has the extra-move skill (hopefully), they can heal sleep and still advance towards the exit. Sometimes you're lucky when one lizard puts you to sleep and the next one wakes you up with an attack. Really, all 3 owl riders put to sleep doesn't happen often as long as you spread them in "knight-moves" (chess) from each other, so only 1 can be put to sleep per lizard spell.
Another idea is using Eugene as a bait for the lizards. He can use owls iirc. I never tried that but it could work.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Wolkendrache wrote:I used 3 unkillable characters (Ornela + Busk + Frederica/Flare) on owls and headed straight for the exit (no other characters, because they just waste time)
Thank you, I use this strategy and have no problems :D I didn't use Busk, though. Ornela, Flare, and Frederica(armored giant owl). I just kill the lizards and archers
Wolkendrache wrote:Floor 5 is dangerous, if you want to try to be lucky with owls, leave 1 more unkillable character at the entrance to be able to retry in case the owls fail. Even if you play floor 5 normally, you already reduced the time to get there dramatically.
Which unkillable character is the best for this job?
I always make sure I get floor 5 configuration that has no golem then make sure I get the configuration I want for the elemental chamber as well. Thank you emulator for making this game so enjoyable :mrgreen:
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account