Time Expired

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Time Expired

Post by wataru14 »

When doing Quest Guild quests, I stupidly selected a bunch of C-Rank fetch quests all at once because I figured stuff like that would have no time limit. Well, when I finished two of them, I came back to clear them out and it said two others had the time expire. Are they going to reappear on the Quest Guild board later or are they done for good?
gildedtalon

Re: Time Expired

Post by gildedtalon »

Done for good, I think
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Nah, they will re-appear after some time, I'm pretty sure about that.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

I would reset the console and load a previous state anyway. By doing every quest as early as possible you'll get the rewards earlier of course, but you'll also rise in rank earlier which means you can recruit certain characters earlier, e.g. you can get the mercenaries before getting Simeon. A single failed/delayed quest can prevent all that, because most quests are prerequisites for further quests. If you mind all this, check the quest's properties (by pressing left or right) and look for deadlines. "The ruins of Obel" quests all have deadlines, so make no mistake, but immediately return to Middleport. However, if all this is not important to you, just relax and continue.
Antimatzist, could you describe "some time" a little more precisely? One story battle? One hour? New game+?
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I don't know, with the use of a guide, I almost never failed quests in my recent playthroughs. But some of the fetch quests are available again immediately after you failed the, for others I just travelled as far on the map as possible and went back to Middleport and most of the time it was back there again.
One eception is one of the Chiepoo Quests - if you fail it, another quest will appear.