are there any Cooking contest?!!

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
futanchen

are there any Cooking contest?!!

Post by futanchen »

i hope there will be a cooking contest again in Suiko 5 just like in Suiko 2, and The Great Fu Tan Chen will be the host again! :D
josiskrazy

Post by josiskrazy »

the way the game seems to be shaping up, by giving fans what we've been wanting (6 battle party, skills system, overworld map etc) i wouldnt be surprised...
Shinjite aisuru hito
Watashi no naka de kimi wa ikiru
Dakara kore kara saki mo zutto
Sayonara nante iwanai

Ano hi kitto futari wa
Ai ni fureta
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Looking at how everything is going back to the way they were in Suikoden II, I would be surprised if they accidentally forgot to bring back this one.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Hopefully it never comes back just to irk the people who can't get over the damn mini-game.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

I thought it was a novel mini game and much much better then the endless repetive card/dice/coin games. I also liked that rope climb game as well though most of the time I think they try to do new and different mini-games. Though I wouldn't mind getting the cooking game again.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

To me, the cooking contest was no more "novel" than Nadir's theatre or Keane's confession room. They are not quite comparable to Chinchirorin or those other card games because they usually serve as an optional supplement to the main plot, more than a mere mini-game.
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

Nadir's theatre was my favorite. It was funny seeing the characters mess up. X_X
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
Equaton

Post by Equaton »

well just hope it will appear in s5, since it'd be difficult to create the contest in 3d graphic....

and yeah ~! :) that nadir's theathre was so cool !! but i prefer more script on it
SuikoCrimson108

Post by SuikoCrimson108 »

A cooking contest is cool and I hope their are additional information of the Black Dragon Group and the Black Dragon Island.
Suiko.tk: Yet another Suikoden site.
Matt620

Post by Matt620 »

If they make a cooking contest, they can't have the same story with the Moon Bird recipe. Perhaps Gyokuran or Renkotsu could be the chef.
-M
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

Other characters from past games could be chefs, too, considering the timeframe. Mamie couldn't, but Hai Yo could possibly be a chef in this cooking contest, IF there is one. Also, Wan Fu could be a taste tester. :P
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

I love the cooking contests.

I hope it comes back, to! :D

Sometimes I play Suikoden II again JUST to play the Cooking Minigame:D
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

Talking about all this about the plays and cooking contest reminds me of Romeo and Juliet, which is pretty much the only play in III I ever played more than a couple times...which makes me ask if some of the plot of V was based on Romeo and Juliet. Just the fact of the Two families (Barrows and Godwin, I believe) who are enemies, are fighting, and the Prince has to fix it. I wouldn't be suprised if the Prince's official name turns out to be "Escalus". X_X Just a thought.

But back on topic, it would be nice if they ranged away from the ordinary coin/card/dice games, and included other old minigames, but they will add new ones. I thought Rita-pon from IV was fun, but I hated the top-spinning game. There will probably be other games in the upcoming Suikoden that are based on other well known games (as Rita-pon is based on Mah-jongg). I doubt Konami will ut in old minigames just because people liked them. They will probably always try to top themselves with the minigames, always trying to make new and fun games.
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

I liked the spining Top contest, one of the few mini-games I was good at. I agree some of the card/dice/coin games can get redundant but I would be surprised if there were no card games at all.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

I know this is completely off topic, but I would love it if they brought back that song that would play when you play Chinchinchorin(sp?)
I hope everything is going delicious.