Any news on the mass war battles?

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
maybe the little jumping people will retun in 3D this time
They did, it's called Suikoden IV.
I don't remember anything like that. The war battles from I to IV are totally different.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

You could play the major battles from I as a mini-game in the cultivation room. Not the actual battles but Mint Vs Mushroom battles done in that style.
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

Oh, my bad. Didn't ever do that.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

Neither did I, I didn't even know about that.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

the mushroom battles in suikoden 4 are 1 of the many ways you can tell that suikoden 4 borrows from the original suikoden,there also very enjoyable and bring alot of nostalgia to suikoden 4,too bad its so hard to get them
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Not really hard, but the gaps between when you can do these battles are pretty long. Especially considering they're really easy, aswell. I remember the last one I did, I sent the ninjas in to see what the enemy was doing, turned out to be a bow attack, so I powered up my charge attack with the tacticians and sent the Pirates in to charge them. Wiped out their entire army in just one charge.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

its frustrating doing the whole thing to get the mushroom vs mint battles, you have to choose certian selections and temperatures of the room,as well as keep checking back

very annoying....
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

The selections regarding humidity, temeperature, fertilizer, etc. don't affect your chances of playing the battles (I'm not sure whether or not they affect troop number, though), they just affect what type of mint/mushroom you get at the end of the process.