Any news on the mass war battles?

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
Darkillumina

Any news on the mass war battles?

Post by Darkillumina »

I know there was a thread on this somewhere but for the life of me I couldnt find it and with the release of tactics typing strategy in the search yielded an extreme amount of results.

I have yet to hear any official information on the war battles in Suikoden V? Has something slipped by me by any chance, and if so what will these battles be like?

If nothing has been officially announced do you expect them to use the foundation they have laid with Rhapsodia in Suikoden V? Or do you expect them to return to the Suikoden 1, 2 or 3 battles? Or do you expect something completely different. (No naval battles please)

Personally I would expect them to use the Suikoden Tactics system as it has been proven to work very well and it gives off the aura as a legit strategy option as opposed to the almost mini-game feel of the Genso war battles.
Beware my power, because my might may not be on the side of right.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

They haven't said anything on them so far.

As for what to expect, I think a new style would be the safest bet, as they're constantly reinventing the major battle system.
Wicked_Rune_Bearer

Post by Wicked_Rune_Bearer »

yeah I hope that land it somewhere between in depth strategys and multiple character usuage with the ability to earn something special in flawless victorys
A rpg-suikoden site that lets you choose your character and basically play suikoden on your computer as if it was on your ps console
http://z14.invisionfree.com/Suikoden_Legends
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

ugh I hope they dont put in a battle ranking system again, I really cant stand it,suikoden 3's "major victory"system would be alot better

I would love for the war battles to return to the suikoden 2 style, the overworld map with 20 or so characters, each character represents a unit of 3 and every unit has a captain and every sod has a +ability to add to there team

just like suikoden 2 except better music,better graphics,add more characters,add suikoden 3's major victory system,and take away that horrible luck thing that suikoden 2 had! and have really nice detailed scenes of the characters charging each other and shoting arrows and casting different kinds of magic

that would be the ideal war battle system for me

of course, I would love a new idea as well,but I think it would just be amazing to take all the good things about suikoden 2's war system and bring that to the 3d world
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Although this may seem obvious, those new "Dragonhorses" would probably play a key role in the strategy battles, no matter what type of system they opt for.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Stuff on the first page is rather hard to find It's right here
I hope everything is going delicious.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

son_michael wrote:I would love for the war battles to return to the suikoden 2 style, the overworld map with 20 or so characters, each character represents a unit of 3 and every unit has a captain and every sod has a +ability to add to there team

just like suikoden 2 except better music,better graphics,add more characters,add suikoden 3's major victory system,and take away that horrible luck thing that suikoden 2 had! and have really nice detailed scenes of the characters charging each other and shoting arrows and casting different kinds of magic
I second that suggestion.

I wouldn't exactly be surprised if they implement 2's system in its entirety though, considering how everything so far seems to have been directly lifted off that game anyway. i.e. the world map.
Fuma

Post by Fuma »

I'll be satisfied with mostly any major war battle design, except for ship battles like those in Suikoden IV. I just don't think that they had enough excitement involved. My favourite war battles were the Suikoden II war battles, but I highly doubt that Konami will bring them back (any time soon).
Formerly True Wind Bearer AKA Sir Spam-a-lot.
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

Fuma wrote:I'll be satisfied with mostly any major war battle design, except for ship battles like those in Suikoden IV.
The dragonhorses move on land and sea, so there will be sea battles, but hopefully Konami will make them more interesting and colourful.

I think the II-war will return, but under a different light. Surely Konami will improve on them.
[evil laugh here]
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

II's system was nice but it suffered from two major drawbacks, the first being the total randomness of it making stats null and the second the fact that just about all battles were scripted in a way that it didn't really matter what you did as long as you stayed alive.

An improvement on it would be welcome.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

I agree with the above, there were times I made stupid mistakes and the game STLL let me win. S IV's battle system was abysmially easy, I think SIII's was the best. Though I do think they will try somehting different with some elements of previous battle systems.
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

I actually loved the first game's war battles. They were fun, with all the little guys jumping around. ^^ But, the sea battles from IV, the more I play the game, the less appealing they are to me. They were ridiculously easy, not that I mind winning an easy battle. I would like something a little more challenging. With the return on I and II's world map, maybe the little jumping people will retun in 3D this time! That's at least what I'm hoping for.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

You know they might go for something like that, if they don't mind some ppl saying it was ripped from this game or that.
zionprophecy

Post by zionprophecy »

I really would liuke them to basically take S2 and bring it to the 3D world lol as someone said earlier. One thing i liked though was in 3 ( not sure its been awhile) ddin't your characters levels, attributes and sats affect them in battlle?
I never said a word to my wife until i said yes to a divorce.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

maybe the little jumping people will retun in 3D this time
They did, it's called Suikoden IV.