Narcissist

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Although Kidd does say that he's of "unknown sex" he says "he" and talks about a "male beauty contest". Also, Augustine has a mustache, so I think we can safely say he's a he.
dan crenshaw @ GameFAQs wrote: Augustine: Chichin, Knight
An aristocrat of unknown sex, with a stunning attack to which all surviving
enemies will attest.

P. He loves elegant and beautiful things. His swordsmanship is gorgeous and artistic.
1. Once he starts cutting his split ends, he can't stop himself. I guess he's taking care of details.
2. Six years ago, he won a male beauty contest hosted by some guy named Vincent. The prize was the rose brooch he wears on his chest.
3. His note read, "Hopeful friends: Salome, Hortez VII, Mike, and Gordon. Future hope: Louis." What does that mean?
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

Good points there, Oppenheimer. My only problem is that his mustache looks fake..considering his hair is not black. But oh well. And I don't think that just because that one guy in Suikoden V is a flirt, it doesn't mean that he's not a narcissist. Augustine, as was quoted above, wanted to make many friends, and Vincent was so wrapped up in acting as if Tir was his best friend. So, I don't think that you have to hate everybody else to love yourself more. It's just my opinion.

I do think, although, that the purple haired lady is the narcissist. She seems to be very much into her appearance, but this is just pure guessing. She reminds me a lot of Estella...but then again, Estella didn't seem like a narc to me, just a chronic liar.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Yuki Tenkai wrote:Good points there, Oppenheimer. My only problem is that his mustache looks fake..considering his hair is not black.
I think it's more likely that his hair is bleached, and his true colour is much darker.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

Estelle was more then just a Chronic liar, she was an oppertunist. She had poor Rody wiith Wall and Firefly runs on, clearly using him like cannon fodder when ever she was in battle.

I agree about Augustine, just a guy who likes to be Popular.

As for Kyle, if he is a Narcisst I think it will be less Cliche like the rest.
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

But, does anyone else think the purple haired lady, who is seen with the pink-haired man, is the narcissist? Unless they are just very gaudily dressed strange people, I can imagine them as the narcs. They could just be another new race..considering their hair is of odd animeish colors. But, I think this was all mentioned before.

And, yes, it would be less cliche for Konami to make Kyle the narc. But, then again, it seems in this game that some things are being pushed farther away from the traditions of the first four Suikodens, and in most other things, they are connecting them closer to only the first two. It wouldn't suprise me to see a much less femmy narcissist.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

How about a few more female narcissists? Esmeralda shouldn't be the only one in the series.
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

For some reason, Oskar and Deborah seemed like narcissists to me in 4, aside from Reinbach and Charlemagne...mostly because Oskar is referred to as a "he", but looks like a woman to me.

But anyway...in King's blog on 12/6 he mentioned of how Kyle teases people. Evidentally he pulls on the Prince's hair and calls him a green onion. O.o Not something a narcissist would do, if you ask me.
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

Hmm would Green Onion = Wet Behind the ears? Yeah doesn't quite fit with past Narcs but I think I like what I see with the characters so far that no one seems to be just one type of thing.

As for Deborah, she was IV Detective and boy did I miss Kidd and Richmond. Do you think Konami is done with Detectives?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Deborah was only one half of the detective work. The other half is done by Keen and his Confessional.

Oskar might count as a narcissist though. But he's still a male.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I think we found the narcissist. Does anyone have any information on him?
wraith wrote:EDIT3: http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/4091/frames13ym.jpg The guy in the right corner image with the colourfull clothes is the one I was talking about.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Oppenheimer wrote:I think we found the narcissist. Does anyone have any information on him?
wraith wrote:EDIT3: http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/4091/frames13ym.jpg The guy in the right corner image with the colourfull clothes is the one I was talking about.
Lol Oppenheimer, i'm thinking your thrilled about the prospect of having some new Narcists ^^.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

You bet, they're my favourite part of Suikoden.
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

Oppenheimer, you have a point about the guy in the coloful clothes in that picture. I believe that is the narc, but I have not heard any news of it.
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
killey

Post by killey »

Just for you Oppenheimer. :D Thanks to Pesmerga at suikox:

http://up.viploader.net/pic/src/viploader37323.jpg
http://up.viploader.net/pic/src/viploader37322.jpg

The top one is likely the narcissist and the bottom one has probably no relation to this topic because it looks like it's about minigames.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Looks like it might havea relation to Kooluk. I wonder why Busk isn't in that picture.
I hope everything is going delicious.