Bartholemeu/Lorelai

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
LadyChris

Bartholemeu/Lorelai

Post by LadyChris »

At the end of Suikoden 4, his ending says he went to Falena, so maybe we'll see someone who's related to him in 5?

Edit by Oppenheimer: Altered subject as thread has broaded to include Lorelai.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Heh, Jowy has said this several times throughout the many threads in this section. It would be interesting to see someone related to him. Although when I first played I thought he might be Humphrey's ancestor. I don't know why
I hope everything is going delicious.
LadyChris

Post by LadyChris »

They kind of remind me of eachother, so I guess what you thought at first makes a little sense.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I'm in strong support of some sort of descendant of Bartholomew, but I doubt it'll actually happen. Bartholomew also reminds me of Humphrey, being quiet and hunted by the enemy and such.
Maas Stormgripper

Post by Maas Stormgripper »

I woud be nice to see more links to the other games. Set so far away from the rest of the series timewise is one of the things I thought was less enjoyable about IV. But V is far closer to the other games, time wise, we could see many characters or at least links to characters from the first 3 games.
What you think I was born this way?
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

As far as Bartholomew goes, he was a bland character, like many of Suikoden IV's characters. It would be nice if Konami gradually made some history to all the characters, including Bartholomew. And the fact that he ran away to Falena just screams that he's going to have some connection in this game.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
executor of balance

Post by executor of balance »

I agree that Bartolomew was a bland character, but in suikoden, even bland characters can be made interseting as long as they return in other suikoden games. In suikoden 1, lorelai was a pretty bland character to me but the fact she returned in 2 and will be in 5 makes her an interesting character.
The graveyard is full of indispensable men
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

Is it 100% confimed that Lorelai is coming back? Because that would be awesome. Wouldn't she be on the mainland in that point in time? If I'm not mistaken, V takes place between 1 and 2, so she would be near all those locations of 1 and 2, right?
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

No one knows exactly when it takes place, so any, reasonable, answer is as good as the next. With all of the recent information revealed, I'm fairly certain the majority of people are leaning towards it being before Suikoden I.
kelvingarinkz

Post by kelvingarinkz »

Yuki Tenkai wrote:Is it 100% confimed that Lorelai is coming back? Because that would be awesome. Wouldn't she be on the mainland in that point in time? If I'm not mistaken, V takes place between 1 and 2, so she would be near all those locations of 1 and 2, right?

yupz
100%
the trailer shows her being in a ruin together with Toma
kelvin loves suikoden
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

The girl in that image resembles Lorelai, but at the time of writing, Konami has yet to spell out her name explicitly in a proper announcement. Unlike Georg Prime.

No confirmation of the exact timeframe yet, either.
kelvingarinkz

Post by kelvingarinkz »

oh ya .. i mean Konami hasn't confimed yet ... but i think she'll surely be Lorelai
kelvin loves suikoden
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

That'll be really cool then. I would really enjoy seeing Lorelai in 3D. I wonder how important she'll be?
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

patapi wrote:The girl in that image resembles Lorelai, but at the time of writing, Konami has yet to spell out her name explicitly in a proper announcement. Unlike Georg Prime.

No confirmation of the exact timeframe yet, either.
I'm on the fence about that girl being Lorelai. Simply because they look the same does not mean they are the same person/related/married/Pesmerga in disguise/Futch being Flik's kid, etc..., but SARS did include her with her character list on suikox so I'm assuming there's been some kind of word reguarding her appearance in SV because I don't think SARS would give out false information save Suikoden IBONROKU but I think we were all fooled by that.
killey

Post by killey »

I don't think SARS would give out false information
His website is called Suikoden Assumptions and Rumors Shelter.