HeroV's Relationship With Suikoden II's Protagonists

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

HeroV's Relationship With Suikoden II's Protagonists

Post by dragonmasterx »

I think Genkaku could possibly be HeroV. Maybe something happens in SuikodenV that makes HeroV lose his royal title. Genkaku's an old man in Suikoden II flashbacks, so he'd definitely fit time-wise in V.

Also, HeroV's weapon looks a lot like Nanami's. Perhaps he gave it to her.

Tactics Ogre Advance Spoilers

And this idea of a protagonist actually being from a previous game, but not directly revealed until the ending was done in Tactics Ogre Advance.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

If he is Genkaku then he would have had to age rather quickly considering that Genkaku was already getting on in age before Suikoden 2 came out. Also, we must remember that Hero V is of Falenian royalty it woul dbe quite difficult for him to just disappear and leave his family behind. There's a lot more to consider, but I think the whole age thing is one of the most controversial things to consider since he will more than likely bear a True Rune and we all know that Genkaku took the Bright Shield Rune as his own along with Han.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

It's also said in-game that Genkakku and Han Cunningham were from the same village and were childhood friends.
I hope everything is going delicious.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Yeah, that was a part of what I meant by there was a lot more to consider. I just didn't want to go into all of that. Thanks for adding that, though.
koeneloen

Post by koeneloen »

it's just not possible because Georg is in Suikoden 5 and he is older then the Hero...and in Suikoden 2 Genkaku was older then Georg...
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

I'm actually satisfied with the amount of story uncovered regarding Genkaku. We learned of his history, starting at when he was part of the City-State right through to his death. Maybe if the time setting is right, in an upcoming Genso Suikoden game, or even a gaiden, we could learn of Genkaku and Han's childhood, but I think it's safe to leave well enough alone for now.

A good assumption, dragonmasterx. It's true the Hero does/would resemble Genkaku in his younger days. Also, he could have indeed passed his rod down to Nanami. That would explain the similarities between Hero V's 3-piece rod and Nanami's rod.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

While there is no confirmation whatsoever yet (that I know of, correct me if I'm wrong), it has been greatly assumed that the guy on the left here http://www.kawaiidream.net/details.php?image_id=4841 is Genkaku (and the guy with moustache is Han Cunningham). Hero V just doesn't look like a young Genkaku IMO.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
SnowKing

Post by SnowKing »

He could very well be, I've seen official art with Riou in the same armour as "Genkaku". It would be pretty cool if he was.

SK
"Barking dogs may occaisionally bite, but laughing men hardly ever shoot."
True Wind Bearer

That certainly looks like Genkaku (on the left). It's either him, or Culgan with long hair. I don't see as much resemblence with the person on the right and Han Cunningham though, to tell you the truth.
Einlanzer

Post by Einlanzer »

That's an awesome looking artbook. Weird theory of the main character being Genkaku though.

True Wind Rune Bearer, I don't think the artist would care if you thought it didn't resemble Han, to me it definately does. Younger version does see fit.
Last edited by Einlanzer on Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
True Wind Bearer

Now now, I'm just telling you my opinion.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

koeneloen wrote:it's just not possible because Georg is in Suikoden 5 and he is older then the Hero...and in Suikoden 2 Genkaku was older then Georg...
Exactly. While V might be set sometime before II, I doubt that it could be that much earlier due to Georg's age and the timeframe for the Succession War.
greylynn96

Post by greylynn96 »

I would prefer a new hero than characters taken from prev. games. It would a sense of mystery about their history and relationships with other characters in genral.
chou-kunoichi

Post by chou-kunoichi »

But in other words they maybe relative to each other.. Nanami's Nunchaku or Rod was the BLOSSOM ROD ryt? Maybe genkaku gave it to nanami.. Then what about Roui's Tonfa? who trained Roui about the Tonfa Technique's.. ?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

genkaku trained both riou and nanami